Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Thursday, November 10, 2011

I'm a Slacker!

This week has been pretty crazy for me at work, and I haven't been able to give you all the attention that you deserve. I've barely had time to shove food in my mouth when I have a spare minute to eat! There have been lots of things going on, and I have been stressed and uninspired this week...sorry!

What I do know, is that my parents are coming to visit my next week. It's a 10 hour drive from their home to ours, so they're splitting it up into 2 days. They'll get here later Tuesday afternoon. I have to work late Tuesday night, so I won't get to see them until that evening. But then I get the next 3 days off!

If we're going to talk about giving thanks this month, I have to say one of the things I am most thankful for are my parents. When I feel like the world is going crazy and it just won't stop, it's amazing what one phone call to my mom and dad can do. I know they appreciate my husband and I's hard work, they appreciate us for who we are, and give me advice that always makes me seem like the situation isn't really as bad as I think it is.

So mom and dad, THANK YOU. I am SO grateful to you for raising me to be the person I am today. You taught me to be kind to others, no matter how they treat you. You taught me empathy, to always think about how my actions AND words would affect others. You taught me to work for what I have (even though I didn't like it sometimes!), and to not expect handouts. It's easy to get caught up in what others have to say, and I know I'm guilty of it. I just have to keep reminding myself that I don't need to stoop to low levels just because someone feels like dragging me there. I am my own person, who had GREAT teachers. I am SO excited for them to come visit...I can hardly contain myself!!!

I'm going to try and get on here tomorrow for my flip on/off of the week, but if not, just know that I love you all and thank you for being my blogging buddies! Happy Thursday everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. I understand what you mean about being busy...but we have missed you. have a great time with your parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have good parents! I remember seeing a picture you posted of them and thinking they looked like some amazing people! And clearly, they made one hell of a daughter! :o)

    I hope them being at your home renews you. I know you've been dealing with some things that are bringing you down. Hopefully they can help you look past it! Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete