Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

First Casualty of the Season

In case any of you are crazy lunatics about Christmas like I am, I'm here to share my first Christmas blog! Yipppeeee!!! And if you aren't...well, don't be such a scrooge! ;)

I decorated my house last weekend for Christmas. I tell you what, I forget how much stuff I have and it actually took me 2 days to put everything up. The first day was all of the decorations around the house, and the second day was putting up not one, but TWO Christmas trees. I'll save those for another post.

What I want to share with you was my first casualty. I thought for sure it would be from my kittens, but it wasn't. I hung a wreath on one of those suction cup wreath holders you put on windows or mirrors. Well my friends, it didn't stay up there for long. I hung it up, and not 5 minutes later I heard the crash. My instinct was to start yelling at the cats, but this is what I found:




Sad day :( It wreath holder popped off of the window and it all came crashing down. Thankfully, not all of the ornaments were glass so it was still pretty put together. Not a fun way to start the decorating! Later that same day, I heard another crash...this time smaller. And it WAS those darn cats!

Have you started decorating for Christmas yet? I would LOVE to see pictures of your trees/decorations!

1 comment:

  1. So sad!!! I almost didn't read this post b/c I was afraid you were about to talk about a casualty on the farm. I don't like hearing about animals dying!!!

    I haven't started decorating yet. My house is still in a state of disrepair and probably will be until the week after Thanksgiving when the contractor ties everything up. I will be lucky to have a tree up before Christmas Eve! :o)

    ReplyDelete