My friends, it has been a rough go of things the past week and a half for me.
One of the reasons I took a break from these here ol' blog, was because my grandpa passed away on June 17th, his 79th birthday, and also Father's Day. He had been sick for a very long time, but that doesn't make it any easier. Last week was filled with planning a trip to California last weekend for the family memorial service, and spending time with my grandma. They were married for 53 years! We left Thursday night and didn't get home until Monday night.
In the midst of that, I had told you previously that my office location was moving. We're a non-profit, which doesn't leave a lot of room to hire people to move you, thus, we packed and moved everything ourselves. I didn't do a whole lot of the moving, since they did that on Friday after I had left. Oh, and Thursday we had a huge day-long training to teach too.
Well, it gets worse from there, unfortunately.
While in California, Patrick called his parents on Sunday to see if we had gotten any rain for our crops. Turns out there was a massive hail storm that wiped out most of our crop. We have probably over 60% loss to our field, which is devastating for us. When we got home we went and saw it for ourselves, and let's just say it's not a pretty sight. The only saving grace for us in this situation is that we bought hail insurance about 2 weeks ago. And Amanda, I know you're reading this-Patrick will be stopping in today to talk to you guys! Thank the good Lord above we bought the hail insurance when we did. And we still have another 5 weeks or so of hail season.
Next on Nicole's series of unfortunate events, my bug has an oil leak. Oh, and the power has been out at my house for the last 15 hours. AWESOME.
My friends, please say a little prayer for my sanity today and in the coming weeks...it appears I'm going to need it!




Oh jeez. I can relate to how you feel right now. I am so sorry ya'll are having so much to struggle with when what you should be doing is taking the time to mourn your grandfather. I'm so sorry you lost him. I am praying for you guys. I hope everything clears up a bit for you soon.
ReplyDeleteConsider the prayer done. It is never easy when someone close passes away, no matter if it is sudden or expected. Good luck with everything else!
ReplyDeletesorry to hear about your grandpa..will be praying for you for sure..these things are never easy but it sounds like he lived a very long and fulfilling life!!
ReplyDelete