Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Friday, June 1, 2012


Thanks for joining me today for an online Flip Off and Flip On of this week's happenings! If you have a blog, feel free to grab my button and either link back to Amanda or I...

Now for the link up: We all have highs and lows of the week. This is a place to review your past week and give a FLIP ON to those great things and a virtual FLIP OFF to those not-so-great things! Make sure you grab the button to put on your post, and give both of our blogs credit if you decide to link up. Thank you for participating!






Flip ON!!! This is my biggest FLIP ON of the week! I got a new refrigerator! The old was was, well, old. And it leaked water in the inside. It has metal grates for shelves, built-it egg storage in the door, and one long glass shelf at the bottom above the one veggie drawer. My new one is a GE with french doors on top and the freezer on bottom. It's like the clouds parted, the sun shone down, and the angels sang, "AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!" That's how awesome it is!

Flip ON to only working 4 days this week! It's always better when Tuesday starts off the week instead of Monday!

Flip on to my In-laws, who brought Patrick and I a WHOLE bunch of stuff back from their trip to Charlotte!

Flip ON to the new BBQ joint in a town near us. Can you say helllllooooooo fried pickles?!?!

Flip On to my garden, which is coming in amazingly well! Once I get it weeded and am not embarrassed to show picture on here, I'll do a better update. So far, the stuff I have growing is: corn, green beans, peas, yellow, red and white onions, broccoli, beets, carrots and cucumber. There's still a lot of stuff to come in, but so far it's doing pretty well!

And on that same note...

FLIP OFF to all of those stinkin weeds that are growing. I mean, I spent 3 hours weeding this week, and touched about 1/6 th of the whole garden. It's pretty huge, so I kind of brought this on myself. The beginning of weeding is always the worst, so I hope it gets better from here!

Flip OFF to all of my TV shows being over for the season :( I get excited cause it's Wednesday for CSI, or Thursday for Grey's, only to remind myself that they left me hanging...and I have to wait a couple months to watch it again!

Flip OFF to airline prices for being so stinkin expensive. Imagine all of the places we would go if they were cheaper!

Flip Off to myself for not taking advantage of the nice weather the past couple days. I should have gone for a walk or run, but just didn't...for shame.


That's it! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! See you next week!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for a new fridge! That is definitely something to be excited about :)
    And seriously, I HATE weeds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old fridge I swear, was from like the 70's I think. This was LONG overdue!

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new fridge! I know how exciting that is! And I'd be just as excited about the new BBQ place...except not for the fried pickles.

    Grey's Anatomy really knows how to do a cliffhanger finale, don't they? Can't wait for next season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new BBQ place is awesome, mostly because everywhere else that is a restaurant, also is a bar. This is just plain ol' BBQ with red and white checkered napkins and a big ol' smoker outside!

      I was SO pissed at the Grey's season finale! I think I actually yelled "NOOOOOO!!!!!" at the TV when it ended and they hadn't been rescued. OMG I cannot wait for next season!

      Delete
  3. Im jealous of the new fridge! It sounds amaze! You deserve it. And im ready for those shows too. I still havent got my garden planted so itll be the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new fridge! I get super excited about stuff like that. Haha. I have been weeding this week too. Dang weeds. As soon as you get them up, they grow right back!

    ReplyDelete