The first thing I'll share with you is this recipe for a little thing I like to call "Crack-tastic Crackers."
Crack-tastic Crackers
1/2 cup canola oil (you decide how much you want to use-more or less)
1 packet Ranch dressing mix
2-3 Tbs. red pepper flakes (I used 2, and they were pretty spicy)
2 packages of Oyster crackers
1) Mix all the ingredients together in a
bowl for a good long while (5-10 minutes), to really get the crackers
coated. Eat a few if you want.
2) Lay them out on a cookie sheet and
drizzle the yummy, ranchy, peppery oil that’s in the bottom of the bowl,
over the top of the crackers. Bake at 250 degrees for 15-20 minutes,
stirring them around about halfway through.
3) Let them cool and store in a big ol’ baggie. Or a few little baggies.
This recipe is a little bit different than the website. With my Aunt's advice, I used Oyster crackers because they're bite-size, and I really liked how it turned out. She said the large saltine crackers break when you're trying to coat them with the flavoring. They are pretty spicy, so you can cut back on the amount of red pepper flakes if you don't like things too spicy.
Since it's BBQ season, I've found a couple different things that I'd like to try on the grill, including:
Grilled Cumin Lime Garlic Chicken
Roasted corn with queso, cilantro and chile
Grilled steak quesadilla
Grilled fajita pizza
Grilled mozzarella pizza
Grilled ribs. Beef, pork, I really don't discriminate.
Now that we're all drooling.....
I loooove me some summer grilling! What are your favorite things to grill??











Girl you have me so hungry! My mouth is watering
ReplyDeleteI love to grill asparaus(?), whole onions stuffed with butter, ranch burgers! Ranch burgers you just add a pack of Ranch Dip powder to your hamburger meat before pattying them out! Yum!
ReplyDeleteI love grilling too! We always make the corn all kinds of ways and my fave is to wrap them in foil with butter, cinnamon and honey. Absolutely phenomenal!!
ReplyDeleteOk, now I am starving! The roasted corn with queso, cilantro and chile looks delish!
ReplyDeleteAll of those things look delicious! Everyone has been blogging about food and I swear I'm starving the minute I get off of here! I might have to try the crackers. They sound like a yummy snack.
ReplyDeletethe grilled chicken looked yummy!
ReplyDelete