Hello all! As the lovely Prairie Princess said on Friday, I'm here for a guest blog! It was suppose to be for Monday, but I was caught up watching six episodes of Criminal Minds :) Anyway, my real name is Danielle, but P&N call me Boone because of my love for my coonskin hat. So this is my first time guest blogging for her, and I'm going to do it a few more times throughout the summer. I will begin by telling you all a little bit about myself! Below is my first kill and I.
First off, I'm a student at Montana State University - Billings studying Elementary Education. I absolutely love working with the kids, and I'm so excited to see how many lives I can change. Although teachers have been some of my greatest role models, I definitely look up to my sisters the most. They are my two best friends in this world, and I wouldn't change either one of them.
So for my first guest blog, I'm going to tell you a story. And yes, it is a love story. And lucky for me, this is a true story. And it just so happens to be about me :)
So it was a cold spring night a few months ago, and I had a dinner date with my lovely gal pal Alice. We had been talking the last few weeks about how disappointed I was with the male race, and how I was about to give up and be a bachelorette for life. After dinner, she said she had a few friends to meet for drinks and asked me to tag along. I had already enjoyed a few cocktails, and I figured one more couldn't hurt! So we headed off to a fun karaoke joint called the Red Door. As we walked in, all I remember thinking was "holy sausage fest". But there was one in particular that caught my eye. Tall, dark hair, bright blue eyes, and muscles to boot! His name was Brian Miller. I was trying to think of any way that I could get near him, and finally I heard him say "Fort Benning" to another friend. So I piped up because of course my little brother is at Benning right now! FINALLY, he came and sat by me, and we got to talking. I found out that he is a Ranger in the Army, and he had just gotten back from being deployed in Afghanistan. He was on leave, and although his parents live in Denver, he had decided to spend his two weeks visiting old friends in Billings. The next three days we were inseparable. We spent all day and all night just talking and trying to learn every single thing we could about each other. Saying goodbye to him at the airport was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but as I hugged him goodbye, he whispered those three sweet little words into my ear. I had to go two whole weeks without seeing him, and he flew me down to Georgia for a weekend before he had to start a training program that he is in until August.
I know it is hard to believe that someone can feel that way about another person so soon, but neither of us have a doubt in our minds that we have met the person we are meant to spend the rest of our lives with. All I can say is that when you know, you know. And to think that if he had decided to spend his leave somewhere else I probably never would have met him! To have someone accept every little quirk you have without batting a lash, and feeling so loved that you catch yourself smiling and wanting to prance around all the time is such a beautiful thing. But with this story, I won't say "The End". Instead, I will say "To Be Continued...", because I know that the love that Brian and I have has no end.
I hope you all can appreciate my little love story, and thank you for taking the time to read it! And for all of you still looking for love, I PROMISE you that there is someone in this world for you! And they will hit you like a ton of bricks when you least expect it.
I wish you all a very happy Tuesday, and you can think of me while I'm slaving over Native American History and Western Civilization homework! (But really probably just watching six more reruns of Criminal Minds:))





Awwww, young love!!! :) Alright Boone, the next one needs to be a little more upbeat, and less mooshy gooshy!!!
ReplyDeleteSweet story! Nice to meet ya Boone!
ReplyDeleteAwesome story...nice to meet you...love your name!
ReplyDelete