One thing that my mom always told us growing up, is that all of my siblings and I would have the weirdest dreams. She said we used to sit around the breakfast table in the mornings and tell each other what our weird dreams were about, and we would remember them in great detail.
To this day, I swear I have the craziest dreams of anyone I've ever talked to. People have told me to get one of those dream interpretation books and research what my dreams are about, but I'm telling you, I have one of those books and half the stuff I dream about isn't even in there. I would love to see what a psychologist would think if they analyzed some of my dreams or got inside my head. Or maybe I wouldn't...scary thought.
In college, I also had this uncanny ability to read other people's dreams, and interpret them and tell them what they meant. In my sorority, people would actually come to me and ask me what I thought their dreams meant.
So my friend Celeste and I both have jobs where we sit at a desk a lot, so we *sometimes* are on yahoo chat while we work. We would share our crazy dreams with each other, so one day I told her I was going to keep track of these dreams so we could read back through them and realize how odd they were. So I started doing that last October and tell you what, there are some DOOZIES.
And it's not just that I remember them...I REMEMBER them. I can tell you ridiculous amounts of details, and if I was any type of artist, I could draw you exactly the pictures that are etched into my memory. And not only that, but I remember dreams from years ago. Like, when I was 5. I had several recurring dreams and I could tell you what they are, who was in them, what took place and everything.
I mentioned this to one of my loyal followers the other day and she said she would love for me to blog about some of my craziest/weirdest dreams...so here goes. Please don't judge me. Hahaha.
"I agreed to go on this date with a guy...who was like 45 or 50. He had a
bad haircut and drove like a little Mazda or Toyota car. After agreeing to go
with him, he picked me up and we drove to his house. As he drove, he kept
looking over at me and smiling. When we got to his house he started cooking
dinner. Then the next thing I know I was in an upstairs bedroom of
his condo, and HE was now a SHE. And she was acting the same way he was, and
acting like we were on a date. And I just remember thinking, "Am I a
lesbian now?" I remember grassy hills, walking a dog on the top of the hills,
condos in the far distance that were brown, a beautiful mountain peak in the background, and being near Six Flags."
"Patrick and I had to go to
Williston. I remember driving by a new hospital they just built on to and it
was so futuristic and awesome. Then for some reason we were on the public
transit system which happened to be a rollercoaster. It was going up, up, up
like a rollercoaster and that's what we thought it was. But all these other
people assured us this is the public transit system. Then we kept riding the
rollercoaster around all of these new big, beautiful office buildings. We were
on one side of Williston and needed to get to the other side. But somewhere in
the middle we start riding through all of these badlands and desert areas. Then
all of a sudden there's a camp in the middle of it and we're just stopped there
on our rollercoaster waiting for the trip to continue to the other side of
town. The funny thing was, everyone else on the rollercoaster was old. That's
when we figured out that we had inadvertently gotten onto a tour bus
rollercoaster and weren't getting to where we needed to go the quickest way. So
we just waited around with all of the old people in the desert and badlands."
Am I weird, or am I weird? If you want to hear more, I have plenty more where that came from!
If any of you are dream experts or any sort of person who would like to attempt to analyze what's going on in my brain, I would love to hear what you think!




Sounds like you wish you lived closer to an amusement park??? That's the only thing I can derive from your dreams! I don't think that helps any...
ReplyDeleteThese are hilarious! How crazy! I've had weird ones this week...one night I was being chased by a kidnapper, the next I was running from the cops, and last night I dreamed I was hanging out with George Bush (the old one) and that he collapsed and I was trying to save him. Ha! No idea!
ReplyDelete~Tiffany
I don't dream all the time, but if I do, I have weird dreams too! I have the same dream every now and again too! One where I am napping on a beautiful iron bed with a canopy draped in white linens. I am just laying there with the window open and the breeze is gently blowing. The view out of the window is a huge sunflower field. I have no idea why I have this dream. But it's a recurring one.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite that I had is when a giant T-rec was crashing through the tree line behind the house and mom was running around the yard in that awful blue bath robe she use to have. Also, she was pregnant then she took off on a motorcycle without me :(
ReplyDeleteHahaha! Your dreams sound just like mine! They get ridiculous, but I'm definitely not able to remember them past the day I have them. Cory's dreams are so normal. He will dream he's a CIA agent on a mission (which is obviously the opposite of what he does in IRL) but everything in the dream will make sense. I wonder if that's true of most guys?
ReplyDeleteGeesh I am so behind, I am just now getting to reading this. My dreams go a lot like yours. They jump around a lot. I also tend to dream about people that I haven't seen in a really long time. Like people that I went to elementary school with but they moved away. People that I forgot even existed until I dream about them. I actually had a night mare the other day. Chris and I were at this Condo place that had a golf cart in the middle and there were Zombies and Chris went to the bathroom and then he his head was gone. (oh and I HATE Zombies, or vampires or pretty much any science fiction stuff so for me to have a dream about it was crazy) Oh and before all that I guy I used to like was there with his fiance and she tried to get in a fight with me... Yeah. haha
ReplyDeleteI have crazy dreams too...as a matter of fact, everyone I know has crazy dreams, so I just thought it was natural! Other than my pregnancy dreams. Those are getting strange to me, haha.
ReplyDelete