Last weekend the annual Frontier Days rodeo took place in our little town of Culbertson. They have a rodeo and street dance on Friday night, then a rodeo and barn dance on Saturday night. We decided to go to the rodeo on Friday, and it was a beautiful night!
One thing that is unique about our rodeo grounds, is that it has bleachers around the outsides of the arena, but they have a terrace on one side of the arena, which is where everyone backs their pickup in and watches the rodeo. Friggin' redneck party if I ever saw one!
Saturday, my sweet husband decided to take me on a date night! Living on the farm, there are a lot of late nights working and busy weekends, and it's been too long since our last date night. I couldn't even tell you when we went on a date last...sad :( But we had a great time!
We drove to Williston, North Dakota and ate at a Chinese Habachi grill, which is one of our favorite places there. Afterwards we drove through the car wash (sounds lame, but the good ones are few and far between around here!), and then headed to the teeny tiny movie theater to see Fast and Furious 6. It was AMAZING! CRAZY twist at the end! After that we got milkshakes and drove through the car lots and tractor lots. Don't ask me why, but that's something we always do on our date nights. It's just kind of "our thing" I guess!
Sunday we went to church and hung out with Patrick's family for Father's Day.
This week has been good so far...we got to have another "date night" in the form of us sitting together in the swather while cutting hay for a little while the other night.
I also scored a sweet find! I was dropping stuff off at our local salvation army. They weren't open so I was putting stuff in the drop box. Well, I stumbled upon something that I thought was pretty awesome, so I took it!
It was a card box with about 30 greeting cards in it! That's worth quite a bit of money in cards! I decided that it should be mine, so I took it :)
How has your week been so far! Happy Hump Day!




1. The rodeo and street/barn dances sound amazing!
ReplyDelete2. The redneck party tailgating at the rodeo? Awesome.
3. Yay for date night!
4. Yay even more for date night sitting on the swather. So precious.
5. Love the box of cards! Plus, from now on you can use it to organize cards. Double win!
~Tiffany
Sounds like our dates! We do a lot of 'window' shopping at car lots! & the movies! Fast & Furious 6 was wild! We liked it! What a great find with the cards!
ReplyDeleteHAHA! Love that you took the card box! That's awesome though! I'm with ya, Matt & I haven't had a designated "date night" in I don't know how long! So glad y'all had fun!
ReplyDeleteThat is a cute card holder! Sounds like a fun weekend.
ReplyDeleteDate nights are the best! Especially if they are sort of last minute!! What a sweet night! I love the greeting card box! I have been thinking about making one like that! Hmmm I will have to use it as inspiration! :-)
ReplyDeleteWe always have a goal of one date night a month but it is amazing how hard that can be to accomplish and we usually only get one every other month, which is really sad when you think that is only 6 for the year!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like an awesome tailgate party! My mom has a box of cards like that she got from Costco. They are so need.
ReplyDelete