Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend Update + A Craft Project!

This weekend was great! I didn't end up doing anything Friday night-Patrick had to go out of town to get a new swather (something that cuts the hay) for the night, so I decided to stay home with the dogs.

Saturday morning got to sleep in, went and got my oil changed, and had breakfast with the in-laws and my brother at the best little diner a small town could ask for!

After that I lounged, napped, and got ready for the 2 hour drive to go see Miranda Lambert!



As always, she put on a GREAT concert! Since it was a smaller venue for her, she didn't play as long, and she didn't rock out like she normally does at her concerts. She played her guitar a lot more, which I also enjoyed. You just can't go wrong with her!

Sunday was kind of a housework, yard work sort of day. Got a bunch of stuff done around the house, then started on a fun craft project for my MIL's birthday, which is today! Everyone wish her a Happy Birthday!

I originally saw this craft project from Suzi @ Chores and Chandeliers' blog, and LOVED it. My MIL really likes patriotic decor, and I thought this would be a great gift to give her for her birthday. The woman is hard to shop for, but I know I can make something and she'll like it just as much!

Here is the original inspiration:


I started out with just a plain wood pallet. Around the farm, we seem to have plenty of them :) I think she painted hers on, but I just decided to go with spray paint, and enamel for the lettering and stars. P.S. I'm not sure why this picture came in upside down...it was straight when I downloaded it from my computer, but kept coming in all crazy when it came onto my blog. Sorry!

If you can read upside-down, you can see that the spray paints are all different. One was flat, one was glossy and they were all different types. But they all had the same finish when they dried so it didn't matter. In a small town, we don't have a lot of options, so I just chose the colors I liked.


It only took me about 2 hours from start to finish, and here's my final product!


It was super easy and fun to do!

And on one last random note, last night as I was watching North America on the Discovery Channel, my extremely anti-social cat jumped up on the coffee table and sat front and center for a good 20 minutes watching the TV with me. I've never seen him do that before in the two years we've owned him. He really liked the birds and the grizzly bears, and kept tilting his head back and forth. Weird cat.


How was your weekend?



9 comments:

  1. I love Miranda! So jealous!

    I love your pallet--looks great!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on the pallet! Your cat cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pallet, that is a cool project. Cats are weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pallet flag - very cool!
    She seemed a little more mellow at her concert we saw in February - still fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pallet looks even better than the inspiration! Love the spray paint look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch. Better?? Ha ha. Just kidding! I'd agree I like the spray paint effect! You did a phenomenal job!

      So what did she think of it???

      Delete
  6. I need to remember to do the pallet thing! I saw it on Suzi's blog too. I want to make one for my mom and mother in law. Where did Miranda perform?

    ReplyDelete