Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I Feel Like My Life is Boring

I suck at taking pictures sometimes...like, most of the time. I haven't taken a picture on my phone or camera in over 2 weeks. I feel like I've been slacking at blogging, and I think it's because there's nothing super special going on right now in my life. I wake up, go to work, come home, weed my garden, make dinner (sometimes!), watch TV, read a book, go to bed. And last weekend? Deep-cleaned the man room in our house and watched about 10 episodes of Chopped on my DVR. I did not get dressed up cute, I didn't do anything fun, and I haven't tried any new recipes in about 2 months. 

Am I BORING, or what?!

I'll give you a little update on what's going on around the farm and our life, and some upcoming fun stuff.

-We are headed to a bull-riding contest with a friend this weekend
-It's haying season at the farm, so Patrick has been putting in LONG days cutting hay when it has been dry enough. We're talking dinner at 10 pm long days.
-Sunday is the little church on the hill's 100 year celebration. We're having a church service there and a potluck. While there are no longer weekly services here, this little church was the community church for a long time. It's called the Cherry Creek Church. My FIL and his family went to Sunday School here, and if you go look in the pulpit you can still see some of their Sunday School books from 40 years ago!


-My MIL and I are headed to the big city of Bismarck, North Dakota for some shopping the day after 4th of July! WOOHOO!
-I have a wedding the weekend after that with my sorority sisters and I am EXCITED for it!! 
-I have my next building I'm going to take photos of. I'm hoping that the weather and lighting is cooperative this weekend so I can get out and take some pics. I haven't done anything creative with my photography lately, so I'm feeling the need!

I guess I'm just feeling blaaahhhh lately, and kind of unmotivated! Anybody else going through this? Isn't summer supposed to be a super fun time filled with lots of plans, parties and events?! For us, it's filled mostly with farm work, and some fun stuff squeezed in there once in awhile. I guess I'm jealous because I see all of these other people spending time on their boats, going on vacations and trips, and I'm just sitting over here in my ratty t-shirt and flip flops sitting on a bucket in my garden digging up weeds. Glamorous, I know :)

Ok, so I'll end this most pointless post ever and let you all get on with your days :) Hopefully I can come up with something a little more creative for my next post! And thanks for hanging in there with me!




9 comments:

  1. I feel you, girl!! I think that my "blah" feeling comes from it being so darn hot here!! I've got fun stuff coming up as well, but it seems like the days in between now and the fun are pretty mundane. I am in love with that little church--how fun to have the 100 year celebration. I am excited to her how it goes!!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so know the "Blah" feeling. I have actually fallen into it in the last couple of days too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling the same way lately. I love blogging but feel like i don't have a lot to blog about or i keep blogging about the same things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel ya! I've felt very uninspired lately! Plus, we've been so busy with house stuff, I don't have time to sit down & type up a blog post! Just think of this as a low... they come & they go! (& I just made a rhyme! HAHA!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great post! We all have times we feel like we're boring. It's ok to not have something exciting going on all the time... ;) Enjoy your "boring" - I'm sure there's excitement coming soon.
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like that too when I don't have anything fun to look forward to. Sounds like you have some exciting stuff coming up though! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your life is sooo not boring! I know what you mean though. I say this 1,000 times a day! Seeing vacations and count downs to vacations has got the best of me lately! I tell you what, fly east and we'll sit our butts off the coast of Carolina and be lazy! I know you'd be up for that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been so busy that now that the 4th has rolled around, we still don't have plans. Boring sounds PERFECT to me right now.

    ReplyDelete