Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, June 24, 2013

Some Things I Don't Understand

You know those things in life that happen, that make you either scratch your head, or make you want to punch a person in the face? Well, maybe it's just me, maybe not, but I seem to have run into my fair share of idiots lately. People doing things that just straight up irritate me, or just random things I come across that make me want to utter dirty words or a WTF?

So here we go...

...this one absolutely deserves to be at the top of the list: It positively makes me angry when people don't pull over for emergency vehicles. I mean, can you NOT hear or see the sirens or are you just that inconsiderate? All I can think about is, what if it was my family member they were taking to the hospital? Or my house that they were trying to save from being destroyed in a fire? I always pull over. Even if I meet them on the highway and there are no other cars around. It takes about 10 seconds of your time people. Just do it!

...here's a WTF. Do any of you have community garage sale pages in your towns? Well, we have several here. I browse them once in awhile to see if there's any screamin' deals on there. As I was perusing the other day, someone was posting USED bras on there. Ummm, that's not ok in my book. Please don't put your undergarments up for sale. I beg you. PLEASE.

...When people clip their nails, or toenails-yes, I've seen it done-in public. Especially in restaurants. Not even kidding! Has anyone else experienced this? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

...I got this one from my friend Celeste...when people cannot manage a 4-way stop. Or uncontrolled intersections. And if you can't remember the rules, just wave at the other person to go first. If they wave you to go first, just GO! Don't sit there and have a waving contest back and forth. 

...When people have met me before, and someone reintroduces us, and they act like they've never met me or say something like "oh, I don't think we've met before." There was a kid in college who I "met" about 10 different times over 3 years. Does this happen to anybody else, or just me?

...Vaguebooking. For those of you unfamiliar with this term, this is when people put something like this on Facebook: "I just found out the BEST news!!! But I can't say anything yet! So excited!!" Ummm, pretty sure you DID just say something, and now everyone is going to ask all sorts of questions. Or here was a recent one I saw on FB: "Oh you just can't make things like this up...just got some amazing news! And I can't stop grinning! One thing for sure is there will be a smidge less drama in some parts of this town! Hahahaha! Wahoo!" News flash...doing stuff exactly like this creates drama. You don't want drama, don't post shit like that on FB. And I especially despise when people do this and it intentionally hurts others. I don't care if they hurt your feelings-putting it all over FB will NOT help the situation! I've actually had to talk to this person before about not putting stuff all over FB that would hurt an organization that we both volunteer for. They just like the drama I guess.

And last but not least...a little WTF for you...

...It's called the Sun Sure Pill. This one was also given to me by Celeste. Apparently there's a pill that is coming out that you can take, which will block UV Rays. Don't be lazy! Buy some sun screen and slather it on! If you don't like the heavy icky feeling of sun screen, use Neutrogena. They have a wonderful, light sun screen that hardly feels like you put anything on. And no, they didn't pay me to say that. I have used it for years and love it. 

Ok, I'm pretty sure that was enough complaining for a Monday. What are some things that bother you guys??

11 comments:

  1. This. Is. Hilarious. The one about vaguebooking? OMG. Seriously, my entire hometown needs to have some sort of training to knock this crap off. You're exactly right---you are creating the very drama you are saying you hate. Give it up! Oh, and College Station is full of 4 way stops and people are idiots about them! Come on, dude!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the perfect Monday post! and I will chime in with a WTF on all of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI...we should be best friends! these things all get to me too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these and I agree with them!
    My list of WTFs is miles long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best post I've read all day! Vaugebooking is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is why I just love you to pieces and you could truley be my twin. Like I said before we call it like we say and there aint no sugar on our tongues. Im with ya on every single one of these. IT seems here lately I have been having the biggest bitching fest and Im like all bitching and it looks like Im negative Nancy but the truth is Idiots are just over populating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vague booking..hilarious term but yeah that's annoying!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just gagged thinking about someone clipping their toenails in a restaurant. I can't believe you've actually seen that happen. I'd have to turn around and leave before I vomited.

    Vaguebooking. LOL. I hadn't heard the term, but I've seen that sort of thing on their before. Cracks me up. Clearly some people desperately need attention.

    ReplyDelete
  9. EWG has a great app that rates safety of sunscreen too so you know which ones are less likely to be covering you with nasty chemicals. :) so say the crazy organic friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This made me laugh! I had never heard the term vaguebooking but totally know what you mean. I have a few really bad vaguebooking offenders on my facebook feed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha people for some reason never remember meeting my mom. Apparently there is nothing about her that stands out. I on the other hand stand out like a sore thumb and I always have people come up to me and say "didn't we meet at so and sos"
    My hubby and dad both tend to click their finger nails when we are out. Never at dinner though, usually in the truck with their hand out the window. Also never their toenails. That is craziness!!!

    ReplyDelete