Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Baby Shower #1

I told you guys I'd eventually get the baby shower pics up!

My sister finally put the pics on FB, so I was able to steal a couple for you to look at. 

Two weeks ago when Patrick and I traveled to see my family, my mom and sisters threw me a baby shower...what these tricksters also failed to mention was that my best friend from Texas flew up for the occasion too! So that was a fun surprise.

We'll start out with the most important thing...the food :)

Here is my gorgeous Noah's Ark-themed cake. One of my sister's friends taught herself how to
make fancy cakes, so they ordered this one for me. The inside was chocolate with a peanut
butter fillings. It was REALLY good! And the little animals were made of fondant too!

 The little bags in the back were cups filled with popcorn. On the outside it had a little sticker that said "About the pop!" Such a cute idea. The rest of the menu included a cream cheese block with raspberry chipotle sauce on top with crackers, cheese tray with crackers, ham/pickled asparagus/cream cheese rolls, candies, peanuts, and jalapeno popper dip. Soooo, basically a lot of cheese :)

Next we played the obligatory silly baby shower games. This one was where you had to put a paper plate on your head, and draw a baby without looking at the picture. There were some pretty good ones, and pretty interesting ones! The two girls on the left are girls I went to high school and some college with, and the two on the left are my best friends Stef (from TX) and Chay. The prizes my sisters handed out for the games were little gift bags that had Bath and Body Works fall-scented candles and lotion.

Needless to say, Baby H was spoiled! He got a lot of clothes, blankets, diapers, toys and bathroom stuff. I appreciate all of these gifts so much, knowing that a lot of them were hand-made, or a mom's favorite products for their kids, and such time, love and thought were put into these gifts. 

My sweet Kendall helping auntie open the gifts.

I'm not gonna lie, this was the one gift I was really excited to open. It is from my Aunt Lisa, who can knit/crochet ANYTHING, so  I knew it was gonna be gorgeous! She actually made 2 baby blankets-this one and one that's plain blue. I love both of them and they're absolutely beautiful. And the best part is, we have 2 sets of bedding, and each blanket matches one set of bedding!

For any of my friends and family who read this blog, THANK YOU from both Patrick and I for all of your love, support, and gifts for Baby H. We truly do appreciate it!

My next shower, which is being thrown by my boss and coworker will be in about a week and a half on October 20th. So we'll do baby shower round 2 after that!

Happy Hump Day!

5 comments:

  1. That looks like a wonderful shower! I hope you enjoy your second shower just as much.
    Keep your feet up and rest.
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh baby shower games.......lol. Glad you got lots of loot for the kiddo! Can't wait to see him in "person"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT cake! I'm glad you got some great stuff. Maybe after both showers you won't have to buy too much stuff on your own!

    I hate baby shower games. I normally try to leave before they start. I'm such a party pooper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww yay! They did such a good job and you look BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun! I love the homemade blanket. What a special thing for your baby to have!

    ReplyDelete