How lucky am I that the people in my life love me enough to throw me 2 baby showers? One in Western Montana with my sisters, mom and some college friends, the other in Eastern Montana where I live with my coworkers, in-laws, family and other friends. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.
Last Sunday my boss and co-worker threw me a baby shower, and just like my first one, it did NOT disappoint! First and foremost...the food. I mean, it's not a shower/party without a picture of the food spread. Am I right?!
We had 2 different kinds of homemade cheese balls with crackers, 2 different kinds of quiche-one with a pie crust and sausage, the other with croissant crust and bacon. There was also fruit kabobs with 2 different kinds of dip, chocolate covered strawberries, and red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. It was all SO good and I got to take a lot of the leftovers home :)
All of the gifts for Baby H! You see the little monkey with the hat? One of my MIL's friends' daughters made that. The wheels are made out of diapers, the mud flaps are bibs, the seat and handle bars are wash cloths, and the headlight is a bottle. How creative is that?!
My friend Chay (in the pink) and her little boy Lyndon came over for the weekend to hang out too since Patrick was gone, and Lyndon helped me open the gifts. He was pretty excited about them too! To the right of me is my MIL, and the lady on the far right is our Aunt Carol.
Here was a monkey blanket from my MIL's best friend, who will be another adoptive grandma for baby.
My coworkers-Kayla (on the left) is one of the shower hosts, and Melissa also works with us. She has 4 boys :)
You can't tell by my face, but it was hilarious watching Lyndon dance! You put on any country song and he starts jamming out. He even moves his mouth like he's singing the words. It is SO funny!
And just another cute little outfit for baby :)
Overall it was a great time!
This weekend, Chay, my brother and I also got a lot of stuff done around our house. I couldn't have done everything without them! I bought 2 area rugs a couple weeks ago and they moved all of my furniture out of the rooms, cleaned the floors, put the rugs down and moved all the furniture back. They both helped me clean out my flower beds and put the flower pots away for the winter, then my brother put the changing table together, and Chay helped me put the stroller and carseat all together. It was a really productive weekend!
I am so grateful to have such wonderful people in my life that care about me so much. I don't generally like being the center of attention, so this kind of stuff is hard for me. I'd much rather be in the background taking care of the food or hosting the party. I appreciate every person that came to the shower to help us celebrate Baby H. Less than 2 months until he gets here! I go on Thursday for another ultrasound, so you guys will get to see him again SOON :)




I'm like you - I'd much rather be behind the scenes than the center of attention among friends, but you gotta let people show their love for you every now and then! It makes them feel good!
ReplyDeleteAww what an awesome party!! Everything looked great & sounds like you had a lot of fun! & definitely had a super productive weekend!!
ReplyDeleteAre you having a monkey theme for your nursery? My husband and I always joked around that with little boy clothes you had to decide early on if your son was going to be the monkey boy, the rock n' roll boy or the truck boy. Love the little flannel shirt! I love flannel shirts on baby boys - and little boys - ok, and really on any male!
ReplyDeleteThis is great!! Baby H is already so loved!
ReplyDeleteAwww, it looks like you got a bunch more stuff. If there are more pics, email some to me. I want to see what you got.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you! Boy have I missed a lot! Your shower was adorable and you look great!!!!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it great to have such fabulous family and friends? That baby boy is going to be so spoiled! In a good way! ;)
ReplyDeleteYay! for baby showers. I love party food. Actually I love everything about baby showers and bridal showers, they are always such a fun loving time!
ReplyDeleteYou deserve it ;) You and that baby definitely have lots of love coming to y'all ;)
ReplyDelete