Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Birthday Weekend Road Trip

So the last time I posted, I told you all it was Patrick's birthday...and what you probably don't remember is that my birthday is 2 days after his! I turned the big 2-9 on Friday the 25th! We didn't really do anything big on our actual birthdays-I cooked Patrick, my brother and his mom and dad dinner on his birthday, and we all went out to eat on my birthday. 

But what we did to celebrate our birthdays didn't happen until last weekend...we drove to Minneapolis for the Packers/Vikings NFL football game!! It was my first NFL game, but Patrick has been to several others. I've been to baseball, basketball and NASCAR races before, but never a football game!

We got to stay in downtown Minneapolis at The Marquette, which is a Hilton hotel. It was pretty fancy and we enjoyed it. Except for the beds...the rooms said 2 queens, and what we ended up with was 2 beds that seemed smaller than a full-size bed. And I'm gonna let you in on a little secret I find humorous...when Patrick and I travel together, about half the time we get 2 beds in the room and sleep separately! We're not the "cuddle all night" people. We're all about the "I need my space to sleep". We just sleep better that way!

We got into Minneapolis late Saturday night, and boy we were in for a surprise. We thought we had lucked out by getting in late so there was no traffic. Little did we realize that most bars and clubs downtown were having their Halloween parties that night, so it was a giant freak show downtown! But quite entertaining.

The next morning we got up, enjoyed breakfast at the hotel, then went back and napped before heading out for the day. Below is my Aaron Rodgers impression...when he scores a touchdown he acts like he has a championship belt on.I thought it was comical to do it with my giant belly.


We just decided to wander around until we found somewhere good to eat. We stumbled upon this gem...

We ordered some amazing appetizers...chicken shots (boneless chicken bites with whiskey honey glaze), and soft pretzels with beer cheese sauce. I'm telling you...I will dream about these chicken bites they were so good!
I ordered the Berry and Brie salad with creamy poppyseed dressing...also good!
After eating out delish meal, we walked the 8 blocks to the stadium to hang out for a bit before the good. We found some people with a hilarious sign...

We headed into the stadium as soon as it opened, because we wanted to see every minute that we could...and I have to say our seats were fantastic!! 7th row behind the Packers bench, on the 40 yard line!


One this is for sure...football butts are as great in person as they are on TV.

















The Packers ended up winning the game! It was such a cool experience and we had a great time!

































We got up EARLY on Monday morning and headed back to Montana for another week of work! I'm happy to say that this was my last bit of traveling before baby comes...I'm ready to stay close to home and relax!

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were a Packer fan! It looks like you guys had a great time - and Happy Birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday trip for you two!! That's awesome! So glad you had a blast and I'm now going to look for these chicken bites while I'm in Wisconsin this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birthday to have! That last picture of you and Patrick is cute! I can't wait to hear all about Baby H when he makes his grand appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww so fun!! & AWESOME seats!!! I don't remember if I told you on FB but, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sign is horrible! But I am glad you guys had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry I missed telling you happy birthday on your birthday! :o( We were out of town with no internet and just got back last night, so HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I just love that picture of you! You make being pregnant look good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the same birthday as Chris's ex-wife! haha 1984 and all. Anyways... Looks like fun, and seriously you are super cute pregnant!

    ReplyDelete