Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Just Call Me Sunshine

First and foremost, I want you all to wish my handsome hubby a Happy Birthday today! He's the big 2-9! 


 

On to other business for the day...

I got nominated for a Sunshine Award from Jen @ It's My Life a couple weeks ago, and I am just getting around to answering the questions she asked about me! So here goes...


My 11 questions are:
 

1. What is your favorite movie?
     -I have too many to choose from! My favorite is probably Fried Green Tomatoes. I've loved it since I was a kid, and still love it to this day. Other top movies include My Best Friend's Wedding and Grease.

2. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

     -I remember playing "teacher" a lot with my cousins and siblings, so I think probably a teacher.

3. Who would play you in the movie of your life?

     -I would probably choose somebody like Julia Roberts or Catherine Zeta-Jones. 

4. What is your favorite dessert?

    -That chocolate cake from Costco...which we had as our wedding cake (after our cake baker had a family tragedy about a week before the wedding), and I'll be having more of it on Friday for my birthday!

5. Do you like to read? If yes, what?

    -I like to read trashy romance novels, mystery books, thriller books, and memoirs (as long as they're not super boring). Anything but fantasy or science fiction.

6. What is your dream vacation?

    -I have LOTS of dream vacations! I would love to spend a week at a resort somewhere tropical. I'd love to tour around Ireland, and love to take a Mediterranean Cruise.

7. What is your favorite restaurant?

    -Probably the Sandpiper in Idaho Falls, Idaho. We used to live there, and would go there about once a month. To this day, I could tell you exactly what Patrick and I would both order. He would have the fried calamari, baseball sirloin cooked medium well with a caesar salad and loaded baked potato, with a Coors Light draft beer. I would have the spinach artichoke dip, baseball sirloin cooked medium with caesar salad and loaded baked potato, with a glass of Pinot. And for dessert we would share the strawberry cheesecake. Yeah, we went there a couple times :)

8. What are your hobbies?

    -It seems I have more hobbies in the summer time-gardening, my flowers, baking, taking pictures. In the winter my hobbies include...um, TV watching? Does that count?

9. Do you use social media? If so, what platforms?

   -Facebook, blogger (duh), Instagram, Pinterest...tried to get into twitter but there's so much random crap on there and I hate when people re-tweet something from someone else. I don't care what someone else wrote, I want to read what YOU wrote. That's why I followed you. It just took up too much time. 

10. What cheers you up when you're feeling down?

     -My dogs, always. I mean, look at those faces :)



11. What have you never done but would like to?
    -Be a mom, which will happen here shortly :) What else...vacation at a resort for a whole week with just my husband (which will hopefully be happening next June!!!),  run in any sort of race (let's just go with a 5K...that's really all I want to do to say I did it), get a NICE camera and take some professional looking photos (getting one early next year-hellooooo tax return!). These are all goals of mine, which should hopefully happen within the next year or so...well, about that race. We'll see about that one :)

Tomorrow I'm going to the doctor for my 32 week ultrasound! I'm super excited! I'll hopefully have a pregnancy post and update for you shortly after that :)



10 comments:

  1. Thanks for "playing". These are great answers.
    I hope you're feeling well!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your hubs!!
    I've never seen Fried Green Tomatoes! In fact, I've never heard of it! Ha!
    Congrats on the award!! I loved reading these facts and getting to know you better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, love Fried Green Tomatoes! SUCH a good movie! And happy almost birthday to you!!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Patrick and soon to you! You guys must celebrate by having a birthday week then! Love learning more about you through the random questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fried Green Tomatoes is one of my all-time favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fried green tomatoes is a favorite! I want to run a race too its on my bucket list and I've started couch to 5k but have never followed through so hopefully I will and can do one soon. I cant wait to see you as a mommy bc I know you are going to be an awesome one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh what camera are you looking at getting?! I've loved my Canon T3i, but I'm looking to upgrade next year, too. Hopefully to a full frame sensor DSLR, but the price tag has me a little freaked. I'm trying to decide just how serious I am about this photography business. Between the camera I want and the lens, it's going to cost more than my first car. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for a new camera! Happy Belated to the hubby!

    ReplyDelete