Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Busy Around Here!

You remember when I said a couple weeks ago that I would be glad when Farmers Market and harvest is over so I would finally have time to do things? Well, I'm glad they're over, but my schedule has just filled up with everything else! And sadly, blogging took a back seat. 

So what's been happening around here?


I've been able to go on a couple walks with my dogs, since I'm not coming home to bake bread every day. 


I mean, look at these faces!! I may be partial, but I happen to think they're pretty cute :)

Last weekend my MIL and I drove to the big metropolis of Billings to do some baby and Christmas shopping. Yes, Christmas shopping! You're all going to hate me when I say this, but my Christmas shopping is done for the year! I still have to complete some of the DIY projects I'm making for a couple people and all of the wrapping. But the shopping is done! It's such an amazing feeling!

This week is full of work for both of us, then Friday we are taking off for a place called Fairmont Hot Springs. It's about a 7 hour drive from home, but well worth it. We are staying at the hotel at the resort, and it's for a Young Agriculture Leaders Conference. Patrick is on the planning committee, so when we get there Friday we'll have to do some set up. He told me I didn't have to go to the sessions or classes if I didn't want to, so my plan for the weekend is to attend the social functions, eat the food, and the rest of the time spent lounging by the pool. No hot tub or waterside for this prego unfortunately :(

What do you guys have planned for the week? Anything fun??


7 comments:

  1. I would definitely be skipping the sessions & going to relax!! You deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Christmas shopping is done, too.....because I'm not doing any! :o)

    Have fun on your trip to the hot springs! You'll have fun, but why no pool?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! Enjoy!
    Week has been ok so far and a pretty quiet weekend ahead of us.
    Hope you're feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooo! I love those dirt road pictures!!! And I bet you will have a super time at the conference, no duties, just fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dogs!! And I don't think it's ever too early for Christmas shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have gotten most of our Christmas shopping done too! I am so happy that we won't have to rush trying to find good gifts later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sounds relaxing. I would love to be done with Christmas shopping, but kids change their minds too dang much about what they like. haha. Did you guys get any of the horrible weather that hit in the Dakotas?

    ReplyDelete