Here is a picture from our 4D ultrasound in week 32. He wasn't in a great position, so it was hard to get a good picture. This was my favorite from the pictures we got, because you can see his little hand in front of his face while he sleeps :)
Tomorrow I will be 33 weeks...7 weeks to go! Due date is December 19th.
Size of baby: 4.5 lbs as of 10/24/13.
Weight gain: 8 lbs (I've packed on about 1 lb per week the last 8 weeks). Obviously over half of that is baby, and the other half is just normal fluid and the increase in my blood. You'll hate me for saying this, but I can still wear all of my normal pants, and even get them buttoned. I don't have any stretch marks either at this point...I rub lotion on my belly and hips twice a day, and have since about week 12. I don't have any cravings at all. If I crave something, I'll eat it and then it goes away. I am wanting more sweets than normal, but nothing in particular. I eat like I regularly do and nothing overboard.
Emotions: I have good and bad days. One day I started crying when Payton Manning came back to play in Indianapolis for the first time since he left their team. Some days I just start crying over nothing really, and then I usually laugh and cry at the same time. Those days are few and far between though. Other than that, it has been pretty normal. I've found that my mouth has no filter when it comes to saying things that maybe I shouldn't say...it all just come out and I don't seem to care.
Health: I am definitely waddling. For those who haven't been pregnant, let's just say that it feels better when you waddle! I started changing the way I walked way back around week 20, because I could feel my hips shifting. They were really sore for a couple of days, and still get sore if I lay on one side too long at night. My left hip still pops every time I take a step. It doesn't hurt and I don't really notice it anymore. I had my gestational diabetes test and was negative for that, so that's a good sign. They were afraid I would get it because as the doctor stated, "I started my pregnancy overweight" and when I look at my ultrasound paperwork, it still says high risk pregnancy due to obesity. Lame.
My body: WOW....some things that have changed, I have never heard people talk about. I had a random mole show up near my collarbone. There was nothing there before, and now it's there. Doctor says it should go away when I'm not pregnant, but if it doesn't we'll get it removed. My nails grow super fast, and unfortunately I have sprouted some black hairs on my neck. Weird, I know. I wake up maybe 1-2 times a night to use the bathroom. I sleep just ok, but the last 2 weeks or so I'll wake up and be awake for about a half an hour at night a couple nights a week and just lay there and think about stuff. Since I started my 3rd trimester, I've been more tired lately than in the 2nd trimester, which is normal. My feet and hands aren't swollen at all, but if I'm walking around a lot, at the end of the day my ankles will get a little swollen.
Pampering: Patrick has been great about giving me foot rubs. I've had 2 massages since being pregnant. Unfortunately, my masseuse says she can't put as much pressure on my knots because I'm pregnant. It still feels great, just doesn't get rid of the knots as well as it usually does. Last week Patrick treated me to a mani/pedi, so that was amazing. I plan on having my hair done once more before baby comes.
Our House: A lot of people have asked about our nursery and baby's room...we're going a little unconventional for this one. I've talked in the past about how much company we have during the spring and summer months, whether it be family or people we hire to come and help us out on the farm. We made the decision to keep our guest room, and the baby is going to share the office. So it's a bedroom that's half office, half crib and changing table. The closet is full of Patrick's clothes, and the baby's clothes for now are in a dresser in our guest room. All of our closets are teeny tiny, so we fit stuff in where we can. I'm not too worried about the arrangement we have now, and we'll just see how things go once he's here. He'll never know the difference if he has a room or not while he's a baby. And we really don't use the office a whole lot either. I'm not worried.
Are we ready? YES! I am so happy that I am blessed with the ability to be pregnant, I really am. I had a miscarriage over a year ago, and it was devastating. More on that another day. But pregnancy is a whole beast in itself. I don't hate it, but I wouldn't say I love every second of it either. But I know the longer baby is in there, the better off he'll be. So cook away in my belly little one...just don't take too much longer after your due date! Patrick is beyond ready...he wanted kids right after we got married, but it was me who wanted to hold off longer. As for everything we need...we don't have all of it yet, but if he were to be born tomorrow, we'd be just fine.
Ok, I know that was SUPER long, so thanks for hanging in there until the end!
Do you have any questions about my pregnancy?




I'm glad you're feeling well. Isn't crazy some of the things pregnancy does?
ReplyDeleteHe will be here soon! :)
I wish 4D ultrasounds had been around when I was pregnant with Lex! My ultrasound pictures of her show practically nothing! I love seeing your little guy's hand up by his face. So sweet! I can't believe how fast this has gone by. I mean...7 weeks. That's like nothing after what you've already done! He's going to be here so soon!
ReplyDeleteI know you aren't releasing the name, but have you chosen one yet?
I am super excited for you! Weird but maybe it's because I've followed right along with your blog about it. Another weird thing that happened to me with my pregnancy was I got 'peach fuzz' on my belly. Mostly near my belly button! It was funny bc I was in the bathroom at work and realized that my belly was showing so I pulled up my shirt to get a better look and found the fuzz! I was not happy! lol I swelled a lot and it was not fun! I'm glad you don't! You've had a pretty good pregnancy! Lucky dog you! ;)
ReplyDeleteDec. 19th is my birthday! Love your honestly, too. I've never been pregnant, but I think we all cried a bit when Peyton went home! :)
ReplyDeleteAww such sweet pictures!! I'm glad that over-all you're doing really great!!
ReplyDeleteSo reading that post, you pregnancy was like exactly like mine! From the weight gain, to being high risk, to the laughing and crying, to the black hairs. Seriously it was like I wrote it! Crazy. Hayes didn't have a nursery when he was born either. We were staying with my parents so he slept on the couch! haha
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how pregnancy changes so much about your body! I have never heard of moles popping up!
ReplyDelete