One of Patrick's favorite breakfast foods is blueberry muffins. I usually get the box kind, but when I came across a pretty easy recipe in the Taste of Home magazine, I thought I'd try it out.
Ingredients:
1/2 Cup butter, softened
1 Cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 Cup buttermilk (I used 1%)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 Cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Topping:
3 Tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in buttermilk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture and stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
2. Fill greased or paper-lined jump muffin cups two-thirds full. Mix topping ingredients, sprinkle over tops. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
These were pretty good, and Patrick said he liked them more than the box muffins. Looks like I'll be making them again! The best part was, with the exception of the blueberries, I had all of the ingredients already stocked in my cabinets, so I didn't have to spend a bunch of money at the store buying different ingredients.
Try them out!




I LOVE Blueberry muffins!
ReplyDelete