Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Life Lately

I feel like I've kinda been slacking a little on the blogging and not giving you guys any good info into the world of Patrick and Nicole lately. So, here's what has been going on around the ol' Hackley Land and Livestock....

Let me preface all of this by showing you my current setting...


My living room, Costco chocolate cake and a fork. Didn't really want to bother getting a plate dirty :)

Let's see...I've been workin on some maaaajor huge work projects for the last couple of months. I finished mine and my boss wasn't done with hers, so I decided to volunteer to take on another 70 page report. Why not?? 

Patrick has been doing random farm and ranch stuff...feeding cows, spreading fertilizer, hauling grain, hauling hay. The usual. 

Last week we had a friend of ours stay with us for 3 nights. We had a huge amount of hay this year and sold a lot of it, and this friend hauled it to another farmer about 100 miles away. 

Last weekend we took a birthing class...it was pretty good and I think we both took something away from it. I feel pretty prepared to have this baby, and am just counting down the weeks now!

Yesterday a friend of ours came out to our house and we took our maternity/Christmas card pics. She sent me a couple of them, and I am so excited to see the rest!



I am loving what I see and she did a great job. And she's such a good friend that she said she would be honored to do this...for free! We are lucky to have a great person like her in our life. If any of you would like a Christmas card from us, you can email your address and I'll get one sent once I get them printed.

Other than that, we've just been hanging out at home with the dogs, and enjoying life since it has slowed down after harvest and all of our fall work. I love having down time to read, clean, catch up on DVR shows and napping :)

How is life with you lately?

7 comments:

  1. I love the pics! It sounds like you're staying busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like after all that work you deserve a chocolate cake! And I LOVE the pictures! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any blog post is worth reading if the first picture you see is of chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's perfect timing when you're having the wee one! Y'all are done with all the bussiness & you can really enjoy the last bit of your pregnancy! I just looove your pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love getting Hackley family updates! Just don't tell me every time Little Hackley has a blowout once he's here - details like that you can keep to yourself.... ;o) The maternity/holiday pictures are beautiful! I love the one of you leaning against the barn.

    I know what you mean about getting some downtime. We have been SO BUSY since moving here. So on Sunday, you know what we did? Parked ourselves on the sofa and watched TV and movies for like 14 hours. No kidding. Ordered take out twice because we were that lazy. It felt really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cake!! Reminds me of what I had at a place called Serendipity in Las Vegas! Bigger than my head cake with a bigger than my head coffee cup So delicious. Congrats on your baby =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for eating a cake on the table in the living room! Heck yes, I would love to get a Christmas card! I will send y'all one too!

    ReplyDelete