Well, might as well get the bad news out of the way: It snowed here. AGAIN. I'm working at home for the second day in a row. Yesterday we had blizzard warnings, so I ran into work at 6 am, grabbed all my stuff, and came home. We were both stuck at home yesterday, but got a lot of work done. Today, hubs actually went to work, but I still stayed home. Roads are too bad to be driving on!
The good news: I have SO MUCH to share with you guys! True to form, it's mostly about ranching/farming stuff. I'll try to make separate posts of everything, cause it's going to be a bit much to explain.
Now, onto today's post:
One thing I have learned about my husband being a salesman, besides the fact that he could sell absolutely anything to anyone, is that we get lots of free merchandise. And what does one do with all of said free merchandise? Well, they put it on their refrigerator, apparently. I came home one day 2 weeks ago to find our new fridge magnet/monstrosity:
While you can see the freezer section is full of pics of family, friends, wedding announcements, apparently we needed a GIANT magnet advertising the company he works for. Awesome. You know what else I have to deal with? HATS. LOTS OF HATS. I swear, he has about 10 different CAT hats. He started working for them last September, but before that was with John Deere. So we also have about 30 different John Deere hats. AWESOME. We also have calendars, knives, sweatshirts, t-shirts, oven mitts, brooms, dustpans, cups, plates, chip and dip bowl, popcorn bowl, pitcher, sweatpants, socks, beanies, blankets, gloves, PASTA (yes, the kind you eat), keychains, window stickers, decals, wall posters, desk calendars, tools, tool boxes, shopvac, floormats, notepads, pens, pencils, jackets, pullovers, fleece jackets, coats, shorts, boxers, yard lamp, welcome sign, and Christmas ornaments....all adorned with either John Deere or CAT logos.
Jealous?? Good news is, we don't pay for any of this...it all comes from the companies. I'm sure there's more, I just probably can't think of it.....
Now the even MORE exciting news!!!! BABIES!!!! NO, not me :) hehehe, had a fooled, didn' t I??? Our cows are starting to have their babies!!! My post tomorrow will be about that, and more than likely, you'll be hearing A LOT about calving in the next several weeks...the good, the bad, and the GROSS. Can't wait!!!




OMG Friend,
ReplyDeleteI laughed the entire time reading this post. However, I have yet to receive any of those amazing CAT "treasures" in the mail. Do you not think that Lane Frost and I wouldn't want a giant magnet for our fridge? P has amazing perks with his job, send some pasta this way!
Also, I'm super excited for babies!
OMG I can't even imagine all the John Deere and CAT stuff you have!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou better believe it Lacey....and I'll probably try to pawn some of it off on you when you're here :)
ReplyDelete