Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sure I'll Buy It!

I love learning new things about my husband. It makes me feel like our relationship is ever-growing and we're falling deeper in love...mushy, mushy, blah blah blah. So, here's the thing. He's a salesman. When you think salesman, you think of the schmarmy (my mom's term), skeezy, combover, wearing a baby poop brown corduroy jacket. Well, that's REALLY not my type....this is what my salesman looks like:


Handsome, isn't he? :) :)

Let me tell you one thing...he's REALLY good at what he does. I have seen him in action making sales a couple of times, and over the phone. He knows EXACTLY what to say, how to say it, to get the deal done. This is usually awesome cause it makes us more money. When it's NOT awesome is when he uses it on me! I've become such a sucker!

So, you remember when we got our Dodge truck a couple months back? It was brand spankin new, and we thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Well friends, were we EVER wrong. That thing is a P.O.S. Here's the list of things going wrong with it:
  • 4-wheel drive went out
  • defroster blows fluid on the inside of the windshield every time you turn it on
  • tailgate won't close properly
  • driver's side window shattered yesterday
  • truck randomly started by itself with no one in it
  • windows like to go up and down by themselves when no one's in it
  • starts rough when it's cold, even after being plugged in
  • remote start only works about 1/2 of the time
People, this is a BRAND NEW truck. When you pay $60,000 for something, you expect it to work. So we've been looking back at a Chevy. We just need to adjust some numbers to come up with our down payment. I was not completely sold on the idea, but we have to figure something out. We went to go talk to the bank lady yesterday. I'm frustrated, hubs wants another brand new truck with all the bells and whistles that even more expensive, and I tell him to suck it up and get this one fixed. I told him, if he can convince the money lady, he might be able to convince me.

And what would you know folks, here comes the salesman in him. He buttered her up one side and right down the other. I'm sure my face was a mixture of interest/disgust/ amusement/astonishment/confusion. She said, "Ok, your application looks good just come up with this amount and I'll give you a lower interest rate so your payments are lower per month." Ummmm, escuse me? WTF just happened!??!?! SHIT! I didn't think he'd actually convince her!

So now here I am, another situation where he used his salesman skills to get what he wanted. When did I become such a pushover?!?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment