One thing I do every summer is prepare corn to freeze so I can eat fresh corn all winter instead of canned corn. I tell you, once you go to fresh corn you'll never go back! I grow or buy dozens and dozens of ears. Then I husk it, blanch it in hot water and cut it off the cob. I then put about 2 cups into ziploc freezer bags and freeze it. I bring out one bag at a time, thaw it, throw it in a pan with some salt and pepper. Voila! Fresh corn! So although I won't have any corn from my garden to do this with this year, I'll find some farmer who grew a bunch and buy it from them.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Corn=FAIL
Although I have many things planted in my garden, there is one major thing that I did not get planted. That would be my corn. It got to be too late, and the corn needs the WHOLE growing season here to grow and produce. Although I showed you all happy pictures of my garden yesterday, here is my one fail. Sad.

One thing I do every summer is prepare corn to freeze so I can eat fresh corn all winter instead of canned corn. I tell you, once you go to fresh corn you'll never go back! I grow or buy dozens and dozens of ears. Then I husk it, blanch it in hot water and cut it off the cob. I then put about 2 cups into ziploc freezer bags and freeze it. I bring out one bag at a time, thaw it, throw it in a pan with some salt and pepper. Voila! Fresh corn! So although I won't have any corn from my garden to do this with this year, I'll find some farmer who grew a bunch and buy it from them.
One thing I do every summer is prepare corn to freeze so I can eat fresh corn all winter instead of canned corn. I tell you, once you go to fresh corn you'll never go back! I grow or buy dozens and dozens of ears. Then I husk it, blanch it in hot water and cut it off the cob. I then put about 2 cups into ziploc freezer bags and freeze it. I bring out one bag at a time, thaw it, throw it in a pan with some salt and pepper. Voila! Fresh corn! So although I won't have any corn from my garden to do this with this year, I'll find some farmer who grew a bunch and buy it from them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Ooooh girl, that was the most important part!!! You're completely right that nothing beats fresh corn! Sorry you weren't able to grow your own this year, but at least you know people that you can buy it from. None of that canned junk. Yuck. I only use that when I absolutely have to! I'm determined to get some of my own planted next year, too!
ReplyDelete