Anywaaaaays...last week my coworker said something about her daughter having kittens. Next thing you know I'm on the phone with her asking her if I can have 2 of them! I already had everything, so why not? I arranged a day to have her drop them off to take home.
The little suckers are SO cute! They're about 10 weeks old now.
Their names? Jones is on the left, and Toonces is on the right. Jones is for Chipper Jones of the Atlanta Braves, who is my favorite player. Toonces is for Toonces the driving cat on Saturday Night Live. Youtube it, it's pretty funny!
They have been adapting really well, and have actually made NO messes on the floor. I locked them in the bathroom the first night with the litter box, food and water. I placed both of them in the litter box and scratched their paws in the litter. I let them wander the next morning, then put them back in the bathroom all day. That night I let them out and they kept going back to use it. That was SIMPLE!
They're still getting their bearings around the house, but they're playful and lovable. We have to keep them inside for right now, because they're too small. The hawks and owls would drop out of the sky and snatch them right up. Heck, they do that to baby antelope...my cats would be a prime target! They'll mostly be inside cats, but I'll let them out during the day to go mousing.
Aren't they just so cute?




Oh man...they really are precious!!! I love their names, too!! Cory and I are THIS CLOSE to adopting some barn cats to keep the mice out. They get into the chickens food and poop in it. Nasty! I'm thinking the cats would live in the upstairs portion of the chicken coop and come and go as they please in and out. It's not mistreating them if we don't let them come in the house, is it? I'm highly allergic, so there's no way they could come in, but they'd still have the barn as shelter. What do you think?
ReplyDeleteNo way! You can keep them outside all the time! We have barn cats that live outside on our farm too. These little guys were just for us to keep around our house, since it isn't near the farmyard. Especially where it's so warm there most of the year, they'll be totally find outside. Do it!!
ReplyDelete