Here is our new little guy:

His name is Smoke, and he's a Border Collie/Australian Shepherd. These are great cattle dogs and exceptionally smart. He did amazing on the ride home (3 hours!) yesterday and didn't mess in the car at all. He went to the bathroom right after I let him out. I think the breeder started potty training him, cause he already seems to know to yip at night to wake us up and take him outside. We've had him for the first 24 hours now, with no messes in the house! That's pretty good if you ask me!
He's playful and really likes to chew on things right now. But, as long as I keep stuff around that he can chew on, we should be fine. We'll get him hanging around the other cow dogs in a bit, so he can start learning from them.
So far he doesn't like the cats cause they hissed at him once. He really wants to play with Harley, but Harley was having NONE of it. His attitude was like, "Ummm, why did you bring this THING home. I DO NOT like it one bit! Get it away from me!"I'm sure once Smoke gets bigger they'll play together and be best friends :)
So get ready for some new puppy pics! He's the cutest!




Ohhh he's so precious!!! I love his name, too! I think when you posted possible names, that was the one I liked the most!
ReplyDeleteI wish all pets already came house trained! Babies, too. ;o)
He is precious!!!!!
ReplyDelete