...My garden is out of control! I have enough lettuce to feed the entire state of Montana, it took me two hours to harvest all of my green beans, 2 hours to harvest my peas, then another 3 hours to shell all of them. I harvested my first 2 cucumbers, and LOTS of zucchini. Don't they look delish???
... I love that hubs loves to work on the farm. What I do NOT love is when he has to get up at 1:30 a.m. to go bale alfalfa. Why must one bale alfalfa at that time of the night? Because that's when the alfalfa gets dew on it, which helps the flowers stick together when you bale, which adds more nutrients to what the cows are eating in the wintertime. As you could imagine, anyone might have trouble waking up at that time of night, so we have to set the alarm, and I pretty much have to wake up with hubs to make sure he gets up. I'm CHUGGING coffee this morning.
...Someone stole 100 gallons of fuel out of one of our tractors. Yes, we have crime here too (there was actually an armed robbery 2 blocks from my work on Tuesday morning! Yikes!!!). We left our tractor, full of fuel, in one of our fields way out in the middle of nowhere. It sat there over the weekend and when FIL went back to the field yesterday, he discovered the tank was now at less than half full. Someone had siphoned 100 gallons of diesel, which equates to about $500 worth of fuel. That's messed up. You have to STEAL from a farmer, who is the one that grows wheat so you can eat food? Just so you can get a little ahead? Let me tell you what...these farmer's don't do what they do to make a profit. A lot of the times it's a thankless job that they get screwed over on, and a lot of years only break even with their profits/costs. They do it because they love it. And someone actually has the nerve to steal from a hard-working man/family. Karma's a bitch, and it's gonna come RIGHT BACK with a vengeance. That is, if I don't find out who did it first. I'll shoot those motherf***ers if I see it happen again. We know it wouldn't be one of our neighbors, because they're in the same boat. They've known our family for generations, and there's no WAY any one of them who was out there doing the same thing would steal our fuel. Our guess is that it was an oilfield worker/truck driver who was driving out there to one of his rigs after emptying his load. Congratulations asshole, you just won the prick of the year award.
...Anywaaaaays....I'm sorry to say you won't be getting a Flip On/Off Friday tomorrow, as I will be out of town (yes, again!) to watch one of my best friends get married. Wooopeeee!!! But, I'll be back on Monday with hopefully some amazing pics from this wedding weekend.
...BTW if any of you have a voodoo doll or anything you should use it and stab the shit out of it, pretending that it's the person who stole from us...MUCH appreciated :)
BYYEEEEEEEE!!!!!!




I think if I had to wake up at 1:30am, I probably just wouldn't go to sleep. That's rough!
ReplyDeleteAs far as the jerk who stole the gas, karma will come back around to bite him. In my experience, it always does. Sorry he treated ya'll that way though. That's unbelievable that he'd steal so much. Greedy people. :o(
OMG! I'm so sorry that happened to you! =[ Ugh! I don't understand people like that at all. I hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the gas. I can't believe people will actually do that...so dumb. Have fun at the wedding, though!
ReplyDelete100 gallons? That's crazy!
ReplyDelete