Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Friday, August 19, 2011

Challenge Day 3

8 Fears

1) I fear snakes. Those damn things are always crawling in the grass and pretty much jump out of the middle of nowhere and scare you!

2) I am fearful of the way some things are put together on the farm...like when they have to change a lightbulb on the yard light. They put a ladder in the bucket of the tractor, lift the bucket, then lean the ladder on the light pole. NOT safe! Another time my sister was mowing the lawn. All of a sudden the blade shot out from underneath the lawnmower. Yikes!

3) I fear that one time a cow will turn around and start charging me. This happened to me before when I was a teenager and it was pret-ty scary.

4) I fear that if we have another winter like we did last year, I may go certifiably insane!!!

5) I am fearful of the porcupines that Harley comes into contact with when we go on walks down the county road. He found them one time and got quills in his nose. When he saw another one a couple months ago he chased it and barked at it, but no quills this time. Maybe he learned?

6) I am fearful of the owl that sits perched atop the telephone pole in our yard. Due to this fella, the kittens and Smoke are NOT allowed outside after dark, and not allowed outside at all without adult supervision! lol

7) I fear that someday they might actually make me learn how to drive the tractor...or combine...or grain truck...

8) I fear that I am already addicted to Pinterest. I showed hubs last night what it was...he wasn't as impressed as I am :) :)

P.S. DON'T worry about flip on/off Friday! It's still happening!

3 comments:

  1. Ummm, so what IS the protocol if a cow starts charging you? Run, I assume? I thought cows were pretty docile and it was the bulls you had to worry about. My extent of bovine knowledge is limited at best, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a fear of snakes is a pretty normal thing. Unless you happen to be a snake charmer...haven't met many of those. Now I want to know what Pinterest is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bulls are mostly docile, unless they're fighting with each other-then you need to run! When a cow charges at you, you can't really outrun it. You just better hope there's a pickup nearby that you can jump into the cab of. And yes, they do jump into the back if they can. The females get pretty ornery when they have their calves. They get VERY protective, so you have to move slowly and never get inbetween them and their calves.

    ReplyDelete