Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Deliciousness!

I learned this recipe from my MIL, and it has proven to be one of THE most amazing recipes I've come across! If you haven't heard of these or made them before, you're welcome :)

Homemade Oreo Cookies

2 Packages Devil's Food Cake Mix
4 Eggs
1/2 Cup Crisco shortening (not oil!)

Mix with hands. Form into small balls of even size. Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 9 minutes on 350 degrees. Cool completely.

Filling:

1-8 oz. pkg cream cheese
3 1/2 Cups powdered sugar
1/2 Cup margarine
2 tsp. vanilla.

Cream together. When cookies are completely cooled, dollop a large amount of filling onto the flat side of a cookie. Cover with the other flat side of another cookie. Complete until all cookies are used up. Best served after refrigerated for a couple hours.

ENJOY!!!!


4 comments:

  1. Girrrrlllll, I've done dinner 2 nights in a row! Working on that mixer! I'm so trying these cookies asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Looks yummy and like it will make me fat. I can almost smell them through the computer screen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda-dinner TWO nights in a row??? What's happening to you!?!! I'm so proud! lol
    Emily-They are delicious, and yes, will probably make you gain a few extra pounds :) They're REALLY rich though, so I can only eat about half of one at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the sweet words on my last post, Nicole! We are going to throw ourselves into fixing this remodel and hopefully I'll be back into the swing of things in a week or so. But I just wanted to tell you how much what you said meant to me! :o)

    ReplyDelete