Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Challenge Day 5

6 Places

I'm going to show you guys some of my favorite pictures from around the farm of my favorite places.

1) Cowtopia!!! I call it this because the first time I went out there we were just driving along in the pasture, no trees, no water, just kinda barren. Then we pop over this hill and see this oasis for the cows.

2) "The Hills" This particular place is quite the jaunt to get to. Unless you know exactly where you're going, you wouldn't be able to find it. It's off the beaten path and you climb up this hill. When you get to the top and look out, this is what you see:


3) Anywhere on the farm that I can see sunsets like this:


4) Our backyard firepit. My little brother built this thing last summer! We love hanging out here in the summer just hanging out around the fire. It's so relaxing and nice.


5) Kane's Grove. This technically isn't on our farm, but about 2 miles down the highway. There's an old road into a grove of trees, and a little hiking trail up to the top of the hill. There are these awesome sandstone rocks that you can climb all over, and even carve your name into. Up here, you can see for MILES! It's a VERY pretty view.


6) This old building stands in our front yard. I think it's really awesome, because it is actually an old house-the original house from our landlords' family homestead. It has itty bitty doorways (with the doors still attached!) teeny tiny windows and a dirt floor. It's cool to think about how much history it has and that it's still standing.


Since I was a big slacker yesterday and didn't have time to blog, I'm going to do another one today, later this afternoon. Happy Hump Day peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment