My first love has nothing to do with the farm....I joined Pinterest yesterday and am HOOKED. Do it-it's like crack, only good for your soul! Ha! Come follow me-Nicole Hackley...woop woop!
Back to the farm....
1) I love that I cannot hear ANY traffic at night. It is dead quiet when I sleep and it is glorious!
2) I love driving around the countryside on the 4-wheeler with hubs. A lot of times this is our "us" time. If we're at the house we're cleaning or doing paperwork. If we're out in the field or at the farm we're usually working. I love to just drive around and look at stuff.
3) I love that I find old neat things out on the farm that are cool to take pics of. For example...I was looking through the old boat house-turned garage a couple months ago. I found 3 Cuban cigar boxes that had a price tag for .50 cents each on them! Those must be from a LONG time ago.
4) I LOVE the sunsets...they are amazing here!
5) I LOVE being able to have a garden and be self-sustaining for some of my veggies. Also, growing and butchering our own beef is cheap, and I know exactly where they came from, what they ate, and they aren't going to have mad-cow disease or anything.
7) I love our little church on the hill. It isn't active anymore, but I have gone exploring in it. I found Sunday School lesson booklets from hubs' dad and aunt and uncle in there, with their completed homework assignments. Those things are probably close to 40 years old!
8) As much as it might be inconvenient sometimes, I LOVE living in the country instead of in town. It's peaceful, quiet, and I don't have to deal with people :) Plus, on my drives home from work it enables me to wind down before I get home, so I'm nice and calm by the time I get there.
9) I love the baby calves. How could you not?!?! They're so cute!
Talk to you tomorrow peeps! P.S. it's Friday tomorrow :)




I just want to give them kisses!!! :o) They are too precious!!!
ReplyDeleteMy husband feels the same way about his hour drive home. By the time he gets here, he's done thinking about work and can relax for the rest of the evening!
Those baby calves are the cutest little things!!! You make me wish I lived on a farm. Sounds super peaceful.
ReplyDelete