Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hubs' Favorite Recipe

And to surprise you all, it's NOT beef! Coming from a farm boy who has been raised on beef his entire life and barely knew what chicken was, this is HUGE. These are called Chicken Squares. The recipe came from an old college roommate. Her boyfriend LOVED them too and she made them all the time. I got the recipe and have made them every couple of weeks for us. Now that we have my brother living with us for the summer, I thought he might like them too. I made them last week, and he has been asking for them just about every night since then!

So here it is....the recipe for Chicken Squares! Also, just an FYI-when I cook I rarely use measuring utensils, so this is going to be a whimsy recipe for you :)

2 small chicken breasts, diced and cooked
2 Tbsp milk
2 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp cream cheese
1 tsp minced garlic
salt and pepper
1 package Pilsbury crescent rolls
1 can cream of chicken soup
extra milk
Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Rice

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Melt butter and cream cheese just until softened. Add in milk, garlic, a little salt and pepper and chicken. Mix together until chicken is thoroughly coated with the cream cheese mixture. When you open the crescent rolls, it will come out in 1 long piece. Break the piece in half, and then from there break off 2 squares from each side. You should have 4 squares total. Pinch the perforations on the dough so you have one solid square of dough. Place on a baking sheet. Dump a spoonful of the chicken mixture onto each square until all of it is used up. On each square, grab each corner and pinch them together over the center. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake for 25 minutes.

In the meantime, cook some rice. Also dump the can of soup into a small saucepan and add about 1/2 cup of milk to thin the soup. When the chicken squares are done, I put a spoonful of rice on the bottom, the chicken square on top, them copious amounts of soup over the top. Here are some delicious pics :)



Aaaand now I'm hungry!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love these! De-lish! PS this is Lola on my sisters computer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh honey!!!! Does this sound good or what?!?! I LOVE Pillsbury crescent rolls, too! This recipe seems simple enough too! Last night I made us mini pizzas on Pillsbury flaky biscuits. Those turned out phenomenal, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to steal this recipe!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so yummy! (I'm your newest follower!) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete