That's it. I've failed. I'm a terrible, terrible farm wife. I'm ashamed, I've disgraced my family name, I should be banned. It was an accident, but still. HUMILIATED.
You know what I did?
I bought beef at the grocery store.
GASP! I know, awful, horrible, terrible, horrendous, disgusting.
I went grocery shopping last week, and went to what I THOUGHT was the pork section to get a pack of pork spare ribs. I grabbed some and just threw them in the cart. I try to get in and out of the store as quick as possible. Well I didn't pay attention, and apparently they were not pork ribs. They were beef spare ribs. OOPS! I opened the refrigerator last night and was moving some things around. I picked up the package of meat, thinking, this looks awfully red for pork meat. Then I looked at the label. SHIT! It was beef! I should NEVER have to buy beef since we, um, raise beef. I have my pick of 200 cows, meat in 5 large freezers around our farm, and I bought some from the store. WHOOPSIE! Needless to say, I'll DEFINITELY be checking the labeling on the packaging more closely now.
Farm:1
Nicole: 0
SAD.




HA! Way to go friend! I would never have that problem. Why? I don't buy anything but turkey and chicken at the store. Well, I did buy pork chops the other day. It was really pork though.
ReplyDelete