I need projects to do! Most of the winter, I get home from work, cook dinner and clean up, and then settle on the couch underneath a plethora of blankets to keep myself warm, and catch up on the latest trashy television.
While driving back home from seeing my new niece I stopped at Hobby Lobby. BEST.STORE.EVER. I could spend hundreds of dollars in there. Oh wait, been there, done that. Several times. BUT, I have the cutest darn decorations in my house. This time I got REALLY excited there, because Lacey In the City was texting me while I was in the store, telling me how ecstatic she and her BF were to come visit me this summer. I have a guest room they'll be staying in, so I thought I would get more decorations for their room. I'll try to get pics of those up tomorrow.
My main motivation for shopping this time around was to create a new centerpiece for my dining room table. I love changing it with the seasons, and since I'm going CRAZY for spring, that's what I went for. My overall revelation was that I need to keep myself busy, cause this snow isn't going anywhere for awhile. I've come up with several projects for myself, but I'll save those for later. Below are the pics of the process I took to put together my new centerpieces. Hope you likey!
I started with these neat looking buckets and put that foamy green stuff in the bottom. Then started each pot with a basic green filler.
Added a bit more green filler that had little white flowers on it.
Then added a bright yellow daisy, some little stick branch thingys and a stick ball thing behind the flower. I added a little moss at the bottom to fill in the rest.
Then to make it a little western to go with my theme, I added these:
And the finished product! I did 2 of these, and you'll see why in a minute. And yes I realize this isn't the best angle, but just hold your freakin' horses. It gets better at the bottom.
So then I started on the main piece. Sad looking bucket and greenery:
But, with a touch of my awesomeness, here's how it turned out!
I purchased these chargers and napkin holders at a store in Hamilton, MT called Bitterroot Bit and Spur. I purchased the placemats and napkins at World Market. Here is my final look!
Yay for projects! It took me about an hour and a half to put this together. It was a night well spent for me! And since we don't usually eat at our dining room table, I get to leave this up all the time!




So pretty!!!
ReplyDeleteI love it friend! Come and decorate my house!
ReplyDelete