Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Branching Out

I was looking through all of the blogs that I follow on my reading list, and realized that not everyone puts up posts on the weekend. Most likely, that's because everyone is off doing something fabulous and amazing, and simply don't have time to post. I know that I don't post on the weekends, but sadly most of the time it's not because I'm SOOOO busy.

You wanna know why I don't post on weekends (usually)???

It's because my internet is slow. Very slow. No, it's not dial-up, so that's reassuring. You see, when we moved here and I went to sign up for our phone and internet services, I told the woman where we lived. And she said, "Well that makes the internet option a little easier. There's only one option where you live." Come again, sister? Apparently there is only one speed of internet where I live. Even if I wanted to pay a ridiculous amount of money to get a faster connection I can't.

That's why I don't post on weekends-SLOW internet. Sad....sigh. I post at work in the mornings during my breaks, where I have fast internet. You know, the kind where all of the pictures show up at the same time when you pull the page up? My internet at home....well, only one picture comes up at a time, and it usually takes a little bit to get one picture up. Videos or movies? Fuugghheetttaaabbooouutttiiiitttt.

Also, when most people are getting rid of their home landlines for straight cell phones, that also is not an option for me. Why, you ask? Because I don't get cell service at my house. I can receive some text messages, but I have to be standing in a certain area of the house for that to work. So most of the time I turn my cell phone OFF on evenings and weekends when I'm at home. GASP! SHOCK! Yes, I turn my cell phone off. It's quite a nice feeling actually. Only a few people have our home phone number, so we usually don't get calls at home. I like not being ablet to be reached, and not having my cell phone attached to my hip at all times. Don't get me wrong, it definitely took some time to get used to that. But now, I love it!

When people come to visit it's SO funny trying to watch them wander around the yard with their cell phone in the air, squinting at the screen to see if they get service. Nope, not gonna work, unless you drive to the top of the nearest hill. But it's still fun to watch them try :) Then they feel weird using our land line. We have unlimited long-distance at a fixed rate for this very reason, people!

So FYI, if you're looking to move to BFE....be ready for no cell phone service and slow internet. THAT, my friends, is why I don't post on the weekends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment