Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, February 28, 2011

Destination Monday

I must confess, I'm one LUCKY girl these next couple of weeks. I only worked 3 days last week since I went and saw my niece. This week, I'm also only working 3 days. On Thursday, hubs and I are off to fabulous Las Vegas! We come back Monday, work 4 days, then leave the following Sunday for a cruise to the Western Caribbean! Did I mention all expenses are paid for the cruise, by NOT us??? That makes it even better! So to start celebrating early, I'm going to do my destination Monday for each upcoming trip...so that means, today is Las Vegas!!!!

We are staying here, at our timeshare:


And going to eat here:

Eva Longoria's restaurant, Beso


Pampas Brazilian Steakhouse


And honestly, how could I not?


My plan is to lounge by the pool, lounge in the sun, play some BLACKJACK at the tables, maybe do a little sight-seeing. But the REAL reason we're going is for...ok, here comes the redneck....

NASCAR

Yep, I admit it. Hubs REALLY likes it, and when you're forced to watch it several days a week, it's easier to go with it than fight it. That way, he has no room to complain when I watch The Bachelor :) So here's my favorite driver, Carl Edwards:

He does flips off of his car when he wins. That's originally why I picked him. He's not bad to look at either :)
Hubs' favorite driver is Dale Earnhardt Jr.:


I promise all of you that we are NOT the weirdo's with missing teeth who wear socks with sandals. And I don't let hubs wear NASCAR shirt with any neon colors on them either. Gross. So this is how we'll be spending a lot of our time there.

I am absolutely IN LOVE with Las Vegas, and if you haven't been, or haven't visited recently, get your ass there!

3 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you two when I'm freezing my butt off. It's okay, I'll let you go this one time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great time on all of your adventures! You're such a lucky girl!

    If you will be docking in St. Thomas on your cruise you should stop in to say hi to my Dad. Email or call me and I will give you his info. He is there through April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're actually going to the Western Caribbean, and our stops are at Cozumel and Costa Maya. I think St. Thomas is on the Eastern cruise side. I wish, though! That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete