One thing that I LOVE LOVE LOVE to do is entertain. I helped plan my sister's baby shower back in December, and my dad told me I should take pictures of the things that I organize and keep a portfolio. That way, someday I could be an event planner. That would be AWESOME! I think that would be an amazing job...unfortunately, there's not really a market for it in my desolate area :) So for now I'll stick to Superbowl parties, baby showers, and helping friends plan their weddings.
I told you all I would try and post my recipes for what I'm making for our Superbowl party. We haven't actually had a Superbowl party in 3 years, and we decided to host one this year since we recently bought a 60" LCD Samsung TV. It's pretty badass. Anyways...back to the recipes. Some of these actually follow a recipe, and others are just stuff I put together. I'll have pics to put up on Monday after I get all of the food made tomorrow. So here goes...
1) Cheesy dip (courtest of my mother-in-law): Cube up a large block of velveeta cheese. Add in 1 lb. of ground hamburger. Dump in some salsa. Put in a crockpot on high until everything is melted together. Turn on low and ENJOY.
2) Onion dip and chips. Take 1 packet of Lipton's Onion Soup Mix. Add to a large tub of sour cream. Stir and let sit overnight. I like eating this with Ruffle's chips.
3) Lil smokies. Get a pack of these from the store. Dump in a small crock pot. Dump some BBQ sauce over it and turn the crockpot on Med. heat. (I'm VERY precise with my measurements :) )
4) WINGS! Duh, just buy them from the store.
5) Cheese ball and crackers. Again, just buy it from the store and put it on a fancy plate. Easy peesy.
6) Veggie tray with crunchy veggie spread
-3/4 Cup shredded carrot
-1/4 Cup shredded celery
-1/4 Cup diced celery
-1/4 Cup diced green pepper
-1 block Cream cheese
-1 Tbsp. lemon juice
-1/4 tsp. pepper
-1 tsp. onion salt
-1/2 tsp. garlic salt
-Mix it all up and chill. Serve on veggies, duh!
7) Shrimp cocktail. I hate seafood but hubs loves it. I don't dare touch the stuff so I just buy one of those tray things from the store.
8) Tortilla rolls.
-10 burrito shells
-1 pack taco seasoning
-small can diced green chilis
-small can chopped black olives
-2 packs cream cheese
-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-Mix seasoning, chilis, olives, cream cheese, cheddar cheese. Spread on tortillas. Roll them
up and chill for 3-4 hours. Slice into 1 ince pieces and serve.
9) Jalapeno Popper Pizzas
-1 pkg refrigerated thin crust pizza
-4 slices bacon
-1 smal red bell pepper, finely diced
-2 jalepenos
-4 oz. softened cream cheese
-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-1 cup corn chips, crushed
1) Preheat oven to 425 deg. Place dough onto cutting board-don't unroll. Using a sawing motion, slice dough into 24 disks. Place disks onto large cookie sheet. Press to flatten and seal seams. Pake 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack.
2) Meanwhile, slice bacon into small pieces; cook until crisp. Remove and drain pan until only 1 tsp. of drippings are left in pan. Add diced pepper and diced jalapenos to pan. Sautee for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
3) Combine chream cheese, half of the cheddar cheese, bacon and peppers into mixing bowl; mix well. Divide cream cheese mixture evenly over crusts. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and crushed chips. Bake 4-6 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove pan from oven to cooling rack; serve.
10) Cheesecake Brownies
-1 pkg. fudge brownie mix (13x9 size)
-6 oz. of cream cheese, softened
-6 Tbsp. butter, softened
-1/2 Cup sugar
-2 Tbsp. flour
-1 tsp. vanilla
-2 eggs
-1 can (16 oz.) chocolate frosting
1) Prepare brownie mix batter according to package directions. Spread 2 cups into a greased 13x9 baking dish; set aside.
2) In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on a low speed just until combined. Spread evenly over brownie batter. Top with remaining brownie batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
3) Bake at 350 deg. for 28-32 mintues. Cool completely on a wire rack. Spread frosting over brownies.
And that's it! Obviosuly you can see my family's affinity for cheese. It's in most of the recipes :) Like I said, I'll take pics of the spread and post them on Monday. And don't forget everyone, GO PACK GO!!!!




I wonder why I didn't come up to your house. It sounds like it was delish food!
ReplyDelete