It's amazing how one thing, the weather, can depict a person's mood. You don't realize it, but it actually takes quite a toll on a person and can either make or break your day. Or week, or month, or season, in our case. It's so easy to just lay around and be lazy at home in the evenings and on weekends, because you can't go outside. It's easy to get cranky with people; case in point, a couple weeks ago my hubby and I seemed to be arguing more than normal. We talked it out and chalked it up to the weather. I know a lot of my posts right now are about the weather, and that's because it is literally on my mind ALL the time. I have to think about it, whether I will be able to drive home or not, if it's going to take me an hour to get home, if my hubby is ok while out driving around for work, if I'm going to get frostbite if I don't put gloves on, how long I need to warm my truck up for...and that's just the tip of the iceberg. It literally consumes almost every thought. While some places in the Midwest/East Coast have received around 55 inches of snow, we're at almost 80 inches. And ours doesn't melt.
I know people around the U.S. are getting all sorts of weather they're not used to, and it makes it inconvenient for a couple days, then the snow/ice melts. Do you realize that when our snow comes it doesn't melt for 4-5 months? I haven't seen the grass since around November 20th. Not to say that it's easier for anyone else to deal with. I think we can all agree however, that bad weather sucks.
It takes a toll on you, which is why I try to have things to look forward to that will help keep me in a better mood. Here's a few of the things coming up that I can say I am DEFINITELY excited for:
-My sister having a baby! She went to the Dr. on Monday of this week and was 3cm dilated. Her due date is Feb 22nd, but the Doc said she may have it by this weekend!
-Visiting my sister and the new baby in 2 weeks. She better have that thing by then!!!
-A trip to Las Vegas, March 4th-7th. It's a quick trip. Just the hubby and I are going, and most of our time will be spent at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. He's a huge NASCAR fan, and we usually go to 1-2 races a year. He gets NASCAR, and I get the warm weather, good food and some time away from the frozen tundra.
-A CRUISE!!!!! WOOP WOOP! And better yet, it's a FREE CRUISE! My husband works for an equipment dealership that sells both industrial and agricultural machinery. He sells agriculture equipment. The combine brand the company represents is called Lexion. Well, last October the Lexion dealer said, "If you sell 3 brand new combines by the end of the year, we will pay for round trip airfare, cruise and $400 cash for the cruise for you and your spouse." HOLY CRAP! So what did hubs do? He went and sold 6 combines! When you consider they're about $300,000 apiece, and think he did pret-ty well! We leave out of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on March 14th, and return to port on the morning of March 19th. We make 2 stops in Mexico-Cozumel and Costa Maya. This is going to be A-MAZING. And better yet, we found out Kenny Chesney is performing in Ft. Lauderdale on the 19th, so we're going to his concert that night when we get back!
These are about the only things keeping me sane right now...I'm so glad that I have big events to look forward to. You just have to keep reminding yourself that we're in February already, and hopefully only have about a month and a half left of the worst weather....
Everybody say it with me...."I think I can, I think I can."




No comments:
Post a Comment