Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Oh the freaking glorious wind

You know what the stupid wind did yesterday? It destroyed some of my cute little garden plants that were already coming up :( Remember how I showed you that I planted my beans, broccoli and peppers inside a month ago so I could get an early start on the growing season? Well, my plans were dashed yesterday.

I set out my trays of egg cartons full of seeds in the morning, when the weather was nice and calm. The wind was blowing (like 50 mph) gusts all day long. I got home to find that my broccoli, peppers, and beans had blown across the yard and dumped everything out. I didn't even find my broccoli dish :(

So it's a good thing I bought extra seeds this year, because apparently I'm going to need them. So much for getting a jump start on my garden :( The only thing I'm concerned about are the peppers. The beans and broccoli will grow soon enough that I will be able to harvest some before the frost comes again in the fall. But the peppers....that could be a different story.

The good news is, my zucchini and pumpkins are still doing ok. The pumpkins are actually going strong, and I think I'll have my own little pumpkin patch this year! Woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. Sick! I hate the wind. Would you like some pine cones to scatter across your lawn as well? I'll send you some of ours. :)

    ReplyDelete