We start driving the cows towards the sheds. Since I didn't have time to change out of my work clothes, I was wearing beautiful white tennis shoes. I can tell you that now they are not longer beautiful OR white. They are more of a "poo" color. The cows were being all cranky and non-compliant because they didn't want to be locked in their pen again. So a lot of them ran past us, or started getting all crazy. We finally got them into the pen.
And booooooyyyyyyy were we glad we did! It was one helluva blizzard! Here are some pics:




We were lucky that we got our cows in. These were pictures from the town of Sidney, where I work. It's about 25 miles from our farm. The local newspaper reported that ranchers who left their cows out lost 40-60 calves. That a HUGE hit for them, to the point where our county government may declare a disaster so these ranchers can receive relief funds. That a total loss of up to $60,000. Just from a snow storm. For one rancher.
There are also towns around here that are still without power. This will be the 4th day they have had no power.
It's crazy, this Montana weather. There's a joke all over the state that I've heard many times: "If you don't like the weather in Montana, wait for 5 minutes." And it's totally true. While this storm didn't last only 5 minutes (more like 10 hours), a lot of summer weather is like that. Please keep these farmers/ranchers in your prayers tonight!




Maybe this June you can post some pictures about flowers and how your trees are finally budding. The other day I noticed some buds on some trees outside my house. It was exciting!
ReplyDelete