Then I moved here. And this was such a big deal, you would think prom was the second coming of Christ. Everyone in the family was talking about it, and said that we needed to get there an hour early for Grand March. Come again? A whole HOUR? WHY??? Oh, I found out why. We walked in 45 minutes early (gasp! we were late!) to find the place PACKED with people. It's like they come out of the woodwork for this event! It's like they literally shoot up out of the floor, come from far and wide to attend this event. If you have some cousin's, brother's, aunt's, sister's grandmother's grandchild at prom, you go. And in a town of 900 people, that usually means EVERYONE is there. And you know how in bigger schools only seniors are allowed, or both juniors and seniors? Not this one...everyone is allowed. If they didn't allow everyone, there wouldn't be anyone to dance with! hahaha.
This year we were smarter than the last, and we did get there like an hour and a half early. It was like a freakin' family outing. Hubs and I went into town with the in-laws, went to the gas station and got drinks, got our cameras ready, and settled into the bleachers. Then our cousin came, and her boyfriend, and boyfriend's parents (who also had a son attending prom). Then aunt and uncle. FYI-we were there to watch our cousins Nathan and Kelli.
I'll give you the rundown:
Here is everyone and their dog.
My cute cousins and their dates:
And don't worry...the Grand March is so good and so short, that they go through it TWICE. No joke.
So yeah, prom is a BIG deal here!




That's so cool! gives everyone a special event ina small town. I grew up in a small town too, so I know how big of a deal things like prom can be. This post definitely made me smile :)
ReplyDelete