Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Friday, November 9, 2012

F-f-f-riday!

In case you couldn't tell, that's my shivering in the title...because it's c-c-c-cold here, with blowing snow! We're under a blizzard warning for the day into tomorrow, which means snow, and over 20 mph winds. I'll get more into that later. Join me today for my virtual flip ons and flip offs of the week!





FLIP ON!

...the biggest Flip On this week goes to me, because this is my 500TH POST!!! I can't believe people want to read that much of what I write! And that I actually have that much to say! THANK YOU!

...to my family for their never-ending support. They are amazing and I thank God that I was blessed with such great people in my life. I truly don't know what I would do without them.

...to having a full tank of propane to keep me warm in this freaking blizzard :)

...I know she gets a lot of these, but a big flip on to my boss for allowing me to work from home today! I just told her I would probably work from home because the roads weren't worth risking driving on, and she's totally fine with it.

...to our Veterans! For all of their dedication, hard work and sacrifice. I feel like I don't deserve a whole day off for all of the work they've done.

...to my sweet puppies who take care of me when I'm not feeling good, and who snuggle with me at night :)

...for going out for a drink, spur of the moment last night, with a new friend. I don't really do that anymore, but it was really nice and great! I NEED to do it more!

...to my mother in law coming home from being gone for work for 2 weeks.

FLIP OFF!

...to Brutus. Apparently the weather service has started naming all major winter storms to help people be more prepared. I think it's actually making people feel more freaked out. Like, empty shelves at the grocery store freaked out. From the maps I've seen, it appears we're going to get anywhere from 12-18 inches of snow. So please, wish everyone luck as we get through this! I know I don't have to go anywhere for the whole weekend, so I'll stay hunkered down in my house!

...to dirty headlights on your car when you're driving home in the blowing snow! Doesn't help!

...for having a lack of motivation to work this week. Don't know what it was, but I just wasn't feeling it.

...to people who don't return phone call after phone call, email after email, or text after text. It's called common courtesy and respect people. It's not that hard.

...to when someone says they'll help you with something, and then back out last minute.

...to making too much food, then never eating the leftovers. I hate wasting it :(

Alright friends, I hope you have a safe and fun weekend! I'll be digging myself out of the snow next time you hear from me!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like its freezing over there:-( stay warm...Yaah to awesome bosses....just found out mine is leaving and I'm so sad!! Have an excellent weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew wee! Stay safe with that cold blizzard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 5oo! I'm not even to that yet...you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete