Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Master Bedroom

First and foremost, today is my sister Michelle's birthday! Wish her a Happy Birthday with me!



I can't remember if I told you all or not, but I'm working on redoing our master bedroom. Now keep in mind that our house is an old Air Force base house, which means the bedrooms are all pretty small. We're getting new carpet in a couple of weeks, and I decided to do the painting now. I only did the walls and the ceiling, and I'll wait to do the trim when we rip out the old carpet.

P.S. has anyone bought carpet lately??? Holy shiz that stuff is not cheap!

Anyways...here are the before and afters of the paint:

BTW I never make my bed in the mornings. This view is from the doorway, and yes, that is literally all the room we have in our bedroom.

Here is the view from the other side of the room, looking towards the TV and the door.

Aaaaand on the bed looking out into the hallway. Yes, our room really is that small. All four bedrooms in our house are this size.

I first grabbed my handy dandy spackling and covered all of the holes. Please note the TINY closet behind me. Only some of my clothes go in here. All sweatshirts, dresses, skirts and dress pants go in our guest bedroom closet. (P.S. I love that my face looks skinny in this picture. I have been losing weight, and this pic definitely shows it! Yahoooo!)

This is what our other poor bedroom looked like with all of the stuff from our bedroom and closet in it. This room is getting new carpet as well.

With the ceiling painted. The color for the ceiling is a lot darker than I wanted-it was supposed to be a cream color, and it turned out tan. Oh well, I didn't want to wait and just painted it anyway. Also to note in this picture: 1) The chair in the corner? That's a swivel bar stool, which I used for a stepladder to pain the ceiling. Safety first everyone. 2) Our fan only has 4 blades, because one of them flew off the damn thing while it was going last summer. I heard a giant crash in the bedroom, immediately yelled at the dogs and went in to find this. Does anyone know if I can get just a replacement blade for a fan? The rest is fine and I really don't want to replace it if I don't have to. 

And now you can see a glimpse of the wall color, which is only slightly darker than the ceiling. Almost done! BTW, I hate that flipping blue tape.

The finished product! I love love love the way the color turned out! I have lots of plans for the rest of the room, including getting rid of the blue carpet, refinishing the dresser and night stand, new closet door handles, curtains that will include burlap somewhere, new switchplate covers, and lots of Pinterest-inspired crafts for the walls! 

Oh, and you're welcome for making my bed, just for you guys :)

This will be a long process to get the rest of it finished, but don't worry, I'll be sure to share the completely finished product once I'm done!

7 comments:

  1. So I hate to tell you this after you taped everything...but there is ONE AMAZING tool from Shur-Line that's an edger. It's fantastic and there is no tape required. Also, I love the colors. I think they turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Michelle!!!!!

    Your bedroom looks great! And yes, carpet is very expensive (hence probably why our landlord hasn't gotten new carpet in our house for a while...)
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off.. Happy Birthday to your sister! :>) and Holy shit your room turned out nice! It's amazing what color can do to a room huh! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exciting! I can't wait to have house projects. :) First we need to figure out where the heck we're living I suppose..

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both colors!! So pretty! And whoohoo for losing weight!!! You look great!! Post more pics ;) #workitgirl XOXOXO

    Kristine from The Foley Fam {unedited} Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy skinny face!!! You look HOT!!!!

    I love the color in your bedroom!!! It's definitely not too dark at all! So with four bedrooms, couldn't you turn one into a giant closet? I think that's what I'd do - wall of shoes on one side, drawers of sexy panties in a corner, wall of dresses... A girl can dream!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete