Friends, I had one of the BEST weekends last weekend that I've had in a long, long time. About 2 months ago, my childhood best friend messaged me on Facebook, saying that she would love to come visit me in Montana. Of course I'm always up for a visitor, so we went over a couple of dates that worked and she booked her flight! Mind you, we hadn't seen each other in 20 years!! (Side note: there are a lot of things I don't like about Facebook, but THIS is one of the reasons it's so great!)
She got here last Friday, and that was the beginning of an action-packed, fun-filled weekend. Friday she helped me get ready for Farmer's Market, and Saturday morning we set out bright and early to sell all of my goods. And this week was particularly exciting, because I sold out of everything! I did not have a single loaf of bread or muffin left! That's never happened before so I was pretty excited.
Saturday evening we got a phone call from the neighbor that the Schwann's man had called him and was stuck on a county road that had been washed out. (For those of you who don't have it, Schwann's is like a home delivery service for frozen foods-ice cream, pasta dishes, anything you can deep fry, pot pies, etc. They come around every 3 weeks I think). So Patrick loads up in the giant tractor and my brother, friend and I followed behind cause we were NOT about to miss this!
Well, let's just say this man wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. You have a heavy truck with no 4-wheel drive, and you just attempt to drive through mud and washed out roads. Genius, I swear. He was obviously not from here, and didn't speak English very well. When Patrick was hooked up and dragging the guy out of there it became apparent that this guy REALLY didn't know what he was doing. He was trying to steer back onto the road and was going all over the place. Fortunately, Patrick does know what he's doing, so he just gunned it and drug the guy into the empty field where it was dry.
Hey, at the end of the day we got a free gallon of vanilla ice cream. And that made this preggo lady pretty happy, because we had bought a fresh apple pie that morning at the market :)
The rest of the weekend we had to herd some cows, haul some barley and grain, and just run around the farm doing fun stuff.
It was a fantastic trip and we all had a lot of fun! We also re-created this picture from when we were 2 years old...
Now it's back to my regularly scheduled baking for next week's Farmer's Market...











How fun!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fantastic weekend! How amazing you reconnected with an old friend. Beautiful baby bump by the way... there's a baby boy in there ;)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I love the "20 years later" photo! I'm so glad ya'll got to see each other again. You're right, I guess facebook is good for something! :o)
ReplyDeleteI just have to say, pregnancy is treating you well. You look prettier in these pictures than I've ever seen you - glowing skin, great big smile! You're beautiful!
Hehe....well worth pulling him out for free ice cream! :)
ReplyDeleteI love that you got to reunite with your childhood best friend--the four wheeler pictures are priceless!
~Tiffany
Very fun! Love that you had a friend visit, that you got free ice cream and that we got to see your baby bump!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like such a great weekend! And that's awesome that you were able to see an old friend after so many years! Gotta love facebook! Hope you enjoyed that ice cream - seems like it was well deserved! :)
ReplyDelete