My mom, niece, grandma and brother's girlfriend all made the 10 hour trek from western Montana over to the Eastern side of the state. The first night we went out to show Kendall the cows, because that's all she was talking about! We let her pick out her very own cow and she named him Bingo.
I mean, I may be biased, but I happen to think she's one of the cutest kids around :) I mean, look at her hair! Those are natural curls!
The first day they were there we spent a lot of time outside in the garden...Kendall was helping water at first...
And then Uncle Patrick distracted her and they were playing on the little tractor.
Grandma was excited to eat fresh beets from my garden. Oddly, this was the only beet that was big enough to harvest, so she only got one while she was there. They all helped me pick green beans, and we got about 2 large trash bags full. We also picked and shelled peas, and did a LOT of weeding! My garden is almost caught up on the weeding, which is such a great feeling!
Oh, one other great thing about grandma? She's from the south...which means she makes some mean fried chicken and mashed potatoes :)
The county fair was also going on at this time, so we went and had great, greasy fair food (cheese fries, nachos, fried donuts, homemade corn dogs, fried pickles, pulled pork-no I didn't eat ALL of it!) Uncle Patrick took Kendall on some of the rides and she was a little scared at first, but then she loved them!
My bro and his lady :)
I mean...no words...so precious. He's gonna be a great dad :)
We had a great visit with the fam, and I wish we could have spent more time with them! This was my grandma's first trip out here and I think she really liked it.
Happy almost Friday, friends!













I now would like your Grandma's fried chicken and mashed taters....for breakfast! Looks like you guys had a super time and I think it looks like you guys are for sure ready for your own little one!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove all the photos! It is so fun to have family visit - especially if they help in the garden!
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun. That last picture just melts my heart! Adorable!
ReplyDelete~Tiffany
Aww so fun!! I don't know how you are tackling that garden because I looked in my flower beds last night (I've been avoiding the sad truth) and there are weeds EVERYWHERE! I just don't want to mess with it! HA! Terrible I know but, you're doing so awesome with your garden!
ReplyDeleteKendall is still talking about how she went on "pacation" to your house. Oh and she requests that you send her a picture of Bingo cause she misses him/her (she really did ask that yesterday in the car).
ReplyDeleteThat's so awesome! Looks like they had fun visiting and you had a blast having them!
ReplyDeleteok so all I can think about is that damn piece of fried chicken it looks so good I want a piece and now Im craving it! LOL she is a cutie and I love the pic of her and Patrick that's what your going to get when your little one comes. Especially when he gets all the farm toys from Sants and Patrick is like wait wait let me see lol
ReplyDeleteYour niece is beautiful! I like the photo of her pushing uncle on the toy tractor. LOL too cute!
ReplyDeleteFirst, your niece is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!! I love the picture of her in front of the field of cattle.
ReplyDeleteSecond, I would have loved a Fex Ex of fried chicken... ;)
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and it looks like everyone had fun.
Family time is always the best! And seriously her curls are amazeballs!
ReplyDeleteWow..she has REALLY grown up! I can't believe how big she's gotten! What a little cutie!
ReplyDeleteShe is getting SO big!! Her curls are adorable! I love seeing Patrick's pics with her, he's going to be a great Dad! :)) I glad your daily came to visit!
ReplyDelete