I KNOW I am not alone in thinking this....I'm ready for fall.
I have talked to SO many people that are just over the summer, over the heat (even though its been relatively cool here this year) and are ready for everything that fall brings.
As a farmer's wife, spring and summer are our busiest times of the year. Things are non-stop all day long. And on top of that, this time of year I have farmer's market stuff to do every night. I know I take that on voluntarily, but it's still a lot of work! Most days I go to work in the morning, run my errands during lunch of after work, then head home. Once I get home it's sometimes like going to my second job. Which it kind of is.
First things first, I usually try to spend time in my garden and watering my flowers. These past couple weeks I've been baking and picking veggies. Usually at some point in the evening Patrick asks for my help doing something outside or running him here and there to a different field or to a different tractor. Oh, and we usually eat dinner at some point at night too. The point is, I am busting my butt until about 10 p.m. at night. It makes for long days!
Another thing with summer is that although we live in the middle of nowhere, we seem to get a LOT of visitors and company. A month ago we had my friend stay overnight at our house. 2 days later our cousin and his friends stayed at our house while they built a fence for us. Four days after that my family showed up for the week. Last week we had someone from Farm Bureau come stay the night as she was touring the area for information to put together for an article for their newsletter. And Friday this week I have a childhood friend coming to visit for 4 days. Friends, that makes for a lot of cleaning, cooking and bed sheet washing!! Oh, and I managed to fit 3 out-of-town weddings into the past month and a half too.
I am ready for life to SLOOOOOWWWW DOOOOOWWWWNNNN.
THAT is why I'm ready for fall!
Oh, plus all of the other amazing things like sweaters, scarves, boots, cooler weather, lazy evenings where I have nothing to do, and snuggling up in a blanket with a good book.
Have I mentioned we haven't even started harvest yet? Which will probably be a month long. Guess I better just suck it up for now and hold on tight cause the madness hasn't even started :)






I am VERY ready for fall! Harvest will come...you know that!
ReplyDeleteHope you're doing well!
LOVE the pictures. So great. And I'm a complete and total fall lover! Can't wait!
ReplyDelete~Tiffany
Dang, girl! That's a ton of visitors! I'd start charging per night if I were you. ;o)
ReplyDeleteI guess I'm ready for fall in the sense that I'm excited to see what it's like her in London that time of year. But at the same time I'm a little nervous because I've heard that London winters can be particularly hard to get through. I don't want to be hiding out in my flat for four months! Ha!
Oh, and I'm going to use one of these pictures on my ag law blog this week---what is the name of your town in Montana??
ReplyDelete~Tiffany
I'm looking forward to fall too! I love being out in the field. But until we start harvest, which probably won't be till the end of September, I guess we'll keep busy extending our summer! We're actually planning a family vacation in September due to the late harvest and our busy summer!
ReplyDeleteWow! You really are busy! I hope it slows down for you too!
ReplyDelete