I've been thinking about this post for awhile now, and finally decided to write it. Starting towards the beginning of summer, we all tend to get a little bit busier. Vacations to plan, trips to take, family to see, spending time outside because the weather is finally nice. Or in my case, gardens to weed, farmers to feed. Which inevitably...leaves less time for blogging.
I know when I take a short break from blogging or don't post every day of the week that I feel bad for letting my readers down. Like they're expecting something from me, and I don't deliver. I started apologizing for taking a break and feeling bad because I was disappointing my readers.
I have seen this more and more the past couple months among other bloggers. Apologizing for not posting every day of the week, apologizing for not commenting back on every single comment. Let's be real-it's pretty easy for me to reply back to all of the comments I get because there's usually no more than 6 or 7 on any given day. And that's a good day for me. Believe me-I am TOTALLY fine with that. For bigger blogs who get upwards of 30 comments per day, I can see where that would start to take a toll on their time.
People, we are ALL busy. We are busy living our lives...so why do we keep apologizing for that? If we weren't out having a great time, we wouldn't have great things to blog about.
It's OKAY if our blog moves to the back burner for a little bit while we're off having a great time. Stop apologizing for it!
So go ahead and be a great wife, a great mom, a great family member, a great worker. Live you life! And when you decide to come back, the rest of us will all still be here waiting to hear all of the great stories, adventures and memories you've created while you have been away. THOSE are what makes a great blog :)





You are spot on my dear! I used to worry about not keeping my blog up daily. Then I realized that I blog for me and share my adventures. So then I stopped worrying about it. I do start missing reading blogs and they gets to my coinscience a little. But now that I don't worry about blogging everyday, I don't feel tied down to it. I also like only having that 6-7 comments verses 30, cause Lord knows I don't have time for that!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Hope that cobbler was a good as mine was! I'm sure Baby H loved it!
Love that quote! So good!
ReplyDelete~Tiffany
yes girl yes and then sometimes I feel like I have nothing to blog about so its like a hit and miss with my blog right now
ReplyDeleteAmen my blogging friend! I post to mine when I have time and if I miss a few days here and there, so be it.
ReplyDeleteDon't feel bad about it, just do what you can, when you can.
This is so true!! I stopped apologizing because I'm out busy doing things for my readers to read. I'm spending time with my sweet baby. I'm spending time working, with my family, or with my Husband. Don't apologize, because we don't need any angry or hungry farmers because you're not feeding them so that you can blog ;)))
ReplyDeleteLove you!
I have never been consistent with blogging! Right now it is even worse because I don't have a computer that will connect to the internet at home. I am so far behind, that I won't even try to get caught up. Also doesn't help that I am a huge procrastinator, maybe if I had a home office and I was actually organized I would be better...Maybe
ReplyDelete