Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Friday, August 23, 2013

Soul Food Friday

I'm linking up today with Jennifer for Soul Food Friday, which she hosts on the fourth Friday of the month. 

With all of my Farmers Market baking, I thought I'd share one of my recipes. I've previously shared my recipes for Beer Bread, Banana Bread and Chocolate Zucchini Muffins, which you can find over on my "Good Eats" tab at the top of my page.

The recipe I'm sharing today is actually a new one to me, which I just got from Patrick's Aunt Carol last weekend. I tried it out this week and it's delicious!

With me yearning for Fall, I thought this Pumpkin Bread recipe was perfect to share. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!

Pumpkin Bread


3.5 Cups of flour
3 Cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1.5 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 Cup vegetable oil
2/3 Cup water
4 eggs
2 Cups pumpkin

In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together, set aside. Mix oil, eggs, water and pumpkin, beat together until smooth. Add to dry mixture and stir until blended.
Grease 2 large loaf pans, pour mixture evenly into the two pans and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted to center comes out clean.

(In my picture I made mini loaves-recipe will make approximately 24 mini loaves. When you fill pans, fill them approximately 3/4 full)

I'm always open for questions about my recipes or advice on making them. Ask away!

This weekend we have more company coming-my best friend from grade school is coming from L.A. for a couple days and I haven't seen her for almost 20 years! Should be a great time!

Happy weekend friends! 

4 comments:

  1. Ahh I love pumpkin bread! Totally making this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love pumpkin bread and am so ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I love pumpkin bread! My mom always makes a huge batch of it to share around the holidays. I'm gonna try your recipe out :)

    ReplyDelete