Well friends, put on your excited faces...
Patrick and I are excited to announce that we are expecting a little baby boy, due December 19th!!!
Here is my 12 week picture...just a little peanut then :)
And again last week at my 20 week appointment. And yes, we did find out what it is, obviously! You can see in this pic, it's a profile of the left side of his head. He's holding his right arm up by his face, and you can see his little eyes, nose and mouth :)
So I'm almost 21 weeks right now, and feeling ok...the beginning was ok, but right around week 8 it got bad...lots of nausea, lots of vomiting, no appetite and I felt like a big ol' blob. I did a whole lot of nothing almost every evening and weekend, and it was a miracle I was able to get any work done. I am still sick about once a week or every 2 weeks, and have to take anti-nausea meds about 3 days a week still.
Some things I've learned about pregnancy...morning sickness is not just limited to the mornings! Mine was worst in the evenings, getting really bad around 4 p.m. I actually had to carry a barf bucket in my vehicle with me, since I have a 25 minute drive home. I didn't ever have to use it though, thank goodness. I lost about 6 pounds in the first trimester, and have only gained 3 lbs back...so technically I'm still down 3 lbs. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty freaking excited that being halfway done, I still haven't gained any weight! I can even still button my regular pants, but have to unbutton them when I sit down because it gets too tight.
What helps with that I suppose, is that I feel like so far I have the opposite problem as a lot of pregnant women do...no food sounds good. I haven't had any cravings really...but sometimes only tangy foods sound good-like stuff with A1 sauce, ketchup, or salsa. I think that's because in the beginning all I ate for 2 months solid was bland food like crackers and toast. Yuck yuck yuck. Most of the time though, my tummy is pretty particular about what it does and does not want. Which has led to me still eating a normal amount of calories, therefore not gaining a ton of weight. Doctor said our weight gain goal was anywhere from 11-20 lbs. I'm definitely ok with that.
As far as it being a boy...Patrick said from the beginning that he wanted a little boy. What man doesn't!?! I thought for SURE I was going to be having a girl because well, I have 2 sisters, my mom has 2 sisters, my sister has a little girl, and well, there's just lots of girls in my family. But we beat the odds I guess! haha! I was ok either way, and so was Patrick. We just want a healthy baby, and so far, all of the tests have come back normal and we're looking good!
As far as names go...we're going to be THOSE people, and not announce the name until the little man is born :) His last name will be Hackley...that's about all you'll get :) But no, we don't have it picked out yet..just a couple of front-runners so far.
So, YAY! There it is!!!




Congratulations!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to both of you! I'm sorry to hear it was a rough start, I hope it gets better. I can't wait to " meet" him!
ReplyDeleteHugs
WOOHOO! He's gonna be one heck of a little farmer boy! Congrats to you and Patrick! You'll have to send me your mailing address because I have a little something up my sleeve! ;)
ReplyDeleteAAHHH!!! This is so exciting!!! Congratulations to you & Patrick!!!
ReplyDeleteYAY! Congratulations!!!! I hope its born on his due date since that is also my little sister's birthday! Not going to lie, not a huge fan of ultrasound pics, so I can't wait till the little guy is here and the baby pics start flowing!
ReplyDeleteYay, congrats! I know you'll be great parents!
ReplyDeleteGah, Its about time!!!! We can't wait and Kendall still talks about "pete" all the time.
ReplyDeleteA boy yay it is going to be awesome because while Daddy can farm with him and check cows with and do boy stuff but boys have their Mommas whole heart. Its something about a boy and his Momma. Im glad everything is going great health wise and that you are doing a lil better. I know you are not going to want to but close those legs and don't let them open until DEc 20th that Rhetts bday bahaha
ReplyDeletePlease keep us posted on everything girl. I totes understand on the name. 1. they will steal it and name their child that before your pops out 2. don't want to listen to those haters to always have something to say about it....HELLO its not their child
Congratulations! So exciting!!!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! I love reading these announcements. I had the same "problem" while pregnant, nothing sounded good and I had way less of an appetite than normal. I gained 6 pounds while pregnant. In fact the thinnest I have been in a long time was about a week postpartum. Too bad my tummy didn't stay that flat! haha
ReplyDeleteYay!! I've been waiting for you to make the big announcement! So excited for you guys!
ReplyDelete~Tiffany
OH CONGRATS THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWell I see why you used the super-excited-face picture instead of a baby bump picture - because I bet you don't even have one yet!! I'm so stinkin' excited for you and Patrick!
ReplyDeleteI hope your barfiness gets better from here on. :o)
Yeah! I've been wondering when you'd make the big reveal! I have to agree with earlier posts - as you know I have only sisters and know that special bond between girls very well, but there really is something special between a mother and son. I'm even reading a book right now called "What a Difference a Mom Makes on Her Son's Life."
ReplyDeleteWoot! Congratulations! :)
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! Congrats! Hope you are happy and healthy for the rest of your pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteAwww cute, cute, cute!! How exciting and congratulations!! I hope things get easier for you and that constant hangover feeling goes away completely. I do not miss that... blegh!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!!
ReplyDeleteWOOT WOOT!!! Congrats again sweet friend!! So very excited for your family! And hey now! Down 3 lbs?! By week 20 I was ginormous :) Praying for a healthy pregnancy and sending good vibes! XOXOOX
ReplyDelete