I know the book has been out awhile, but I finally got around to reading it.
On a warm summer morning
in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne's fifth wedding
anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made
when Nick's clever and beautiful wife disappears from their rented
McMansion on the Mississippi River. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn't doing
himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and
shape of his wife's head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the
alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge.
Under mounting pressure from the police and the media--as well as Amy's
fiercely doting parents--the town golden boy parades an endless series
of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and
he's definitely bitter--but is he really a killer?
As the cops
close in, every couple in town is soon wondering how well they know the
one that they love. With his twin sister, Margo, at his side, Nick
stands by his innocence. Trouble is, if Nick didn't do it, where is that
beautiful wife? And what was in that silvery gift box hidden in the
back of her bedroom closet?
My thoughts:
-This book was ridiculously slow to begin, and really hard to get into at first. It took me a couple tries to keep pushing through to the good stuff. But it did get better.
-It was about 40% through by the time it got rolling enough to keep me really interested.
-It had great twists and turns that you did not expect at all! For me, by the end the author had redeemed herself.
-I gave it 3 out of 5 starts.I liked it, but the beginning was too slow for me.
Have you read this book? What did you think about it?
Not sure what my next book adventure will be, but I'm always open for suggestions!





We read this for book club. I left it till the last minute and {once I got through the dragging beginning} I couldn't put it down. That moment where you're like "whaaaaaaaaaa" made up for the boring beginning. We're reading The Wedding Night which is a comedy. It's slow right now, but my mom read it and said she was squirting tea out of her nose so I can't wait to get to those parts!
ReplyDeleteBring it back with you, i want to read it.
ReplyDeleteI have a bloggy friend who lives in Carthage! I don't think that is my type of book though. I am going to tell her about it though.
ReplyDeleteIt is on my list to read....If it is slow...I'm not sure I want to read it! ha
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about the beginning, but I really loved the book overall. There haven't been many books that have completely blown me away with the plot twists, but this is one of them! I think I'm going to check out some other stuff by the same author once I get caught up on the rest of my reading list.
ReplyDeleteI need to catch up on all the books I have to read! This was on one of my lists, but not happy to hear it's so slow.
ReplyDelete