Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend Rundown

Oh boy friends, it sure is Monday! Woke up this morning and started getting ready. Let the cats in, let the dogs out. Not 10 minutes later, discover one of my cats has peed inside on the rug. Awesome. Clean that up. Finish getting ready, go outside and see that I forgot to put the trash in the bin last night and the neighbors dogs had come over and ripped it all to shreds, and it's now all over my yard. Happy Monday morning! I'm determined to not let my morning decide the rest of my day!

Despite the crappy morning, I had a great weekend! Started it out with Farmers Market. I had a bunch of dead corn stalks in my garden and decided to do something with them and sell them. I went and bought some cute ribbon and put about 10 stalks into a bunch. I sold about 5 of the bundles, with people asking to have them again next week!


The lady who always sells next to me had a bunch of pumpkins and gourds, so we made a little display. 

The rest ofSaturday I spent just hanging out around my in laws and my MIL showing me all of the baby stuff she got while shopping on her last work trip. This kid isn't even here yet, and is spoiled already!


Sunday I enjoyed a lazy morning in bed, which hasn't happened in awhile. The rest of the day was spent cleaning house, picking more beans from my garden and just getting stuff ready for the week. 

I bought more little gourds from the lady at Farmers Market, and decided to do up my dining room table for fall. I think it turned out cute!


I also spent some time in Patricks "office" with him. 



Only about 200 more acres as of today and they'll be done, so probably sometime tomorrow. It's such a good feeling having harvest done!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend as well!

7 comments:

  1. I love it all! Such a cute idea to bundle the corn stalks & sell them! Innovative you are!! ;) But, seriously, cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to make some extra cash with the corn stalks! Looks like a good weekend! Baby is going to be one lucky kid! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna go to the Farmers Market! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table set-up in gorgeous. I love those colors together! Hopefully the rest of your Monday improved after the whole cat pee/trash incidents...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THE CORN STALKS. I have some laying in the corn crib waiting for me to put up for decorations!

    Your fall decor looks great!!!! LOVE FALL!!!

    And yay for baby gifts already!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty better stop buying stuff so everyone else can get you some stuff...ps i don't know why its letting me comment since it wont hardly let me post. Blogspot is stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your Monday got better.
    I love the stalks and gourds! Fall is in the air here finally....good bye summer!
    A combine ride...I put in a request with a couple of our farmers to go ride for the afternoon when harvest starts. I hope I get a call to go!

    ReplyDelete