This is book 2 in a series by Jessica Sorenson. I read the first about 6 months ago, and finally got around to reading this one.
The dark secret Kayden
has kept hidden for years is out. Worse, he's facing charges for
battery. The only way he stands a chance against the charges is if
Callie speaks up, something he'll never ask her to do.
Callie
knows Kayden is going back to his dark place and desperately wants to
save him. But saving him means admitting her secrets aloud. Callie and
Kayden are stronger than they think, especially when they're together.
Together they move forward, face their demons, and finally start to heal
from their traumatic pasts.
My Thoughts:
The book was ok, and they finished out their story. However, there was one part of the ending that I did not enjoy that left me frustrated! I felt like the author could have cut out some of the back and forth stuff from the first half of the book, and gave a better ending with some of the characters.
As far as the back and forth comment, there was just so much indecision on the parts of the characters, I just wanted to scream at them to let it out! Ha ha ha. I'm glad I read it though and got to see the ending to these characters' stories.
I gave it a 3 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.
I'm always looking for new recommendations! I bought this book awhile back on my Kindle, so I'll probably read it next since I already have it. Have you read either of these? What did you think?






I read the first book a few months ago too, and when I saw there was a sequel, I wasn't overly excited about it?? I don't know, maybe I'll have to check it out.
ReplyDeleteI haven't read any of these.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the review!